Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maintenance question.

Having my boat summerized by the local Malibu guys and 2 options- Replace Impeller and Replace Fuel Filter are on there. My question is how often should these 2 items be changed? My 340 Monsoon manual is at the lake so I can't readily look it up, thanks for any input.

Having my boat summerized by the local Malibu guys and 2 options- Replace Impeller and Replace Fuel Filter are on there. My question is how often should these 2 items be changed? My 340 Monsoon manual is at the lake so I can't readily look it up, thanks for any input.

I change both filters and the impeller ever year and carry a spare impeller w/ me at all times.

I change both filters and the impeller ever year and carry a spare impeller w/ me at all times.

Plus1.gif

I would also take into consideration how many hours you put on your boat every season.

We might have put 50 hours on the boat last summer, which I'm sure is considered low. That number will probably be higher this summer.

Jeffro84,

You might already know this but the Indmar manual is available in PDF format at their website Indmar.com. Click on the product line tab and then click on Operator manual for the year of your engine. Sorry if you already knew this but I have used it frequently as I am in the same situation with my boat at the lake one hour from my house.

Can't wait until spring and summer.

i always tell my customers change impeller in spring not winter

reason is hat the impeller sits up over time and will hold that shape

I want to say that the impeller is actually recommended every 2 years or 100 hrs, and the fuel filter...I am 99.9% sure it is 100hr service interval as well. I typically do things 2X sooner...so I change both mine at 50hr. The impeller on the Monsoon is not the easiest task, but with some patience, it can be done in about 20 min. The fuel filter (at least mine) is not in the tank and is inline on the starboard side and VERY easy to change, takes 3 mins.

Hope this helps,

Your impeller on the 23 xti is a piece of cake, you could do it yourself in about 10 minutes. PM me if you have any questions. I don't know where the fuel filter is in our boats, does anyone out there know where it would be in the 07 23 xti?

I want to say all manufactures want it done yearly now, i could be wrong

it used to be 200hrs

now it says 100hrs or yearly which ever comes first

it should have it in the owners manual, my engine manual just go over MEFI and rebuilding, no maintenance charts!

I might have to call INDMAR on this one tomorrow and get a PDF

I was told by the guy that runs the local college team that if you use your boat year round it can easily go 2 seasons. However if your boat sits for 6 months it should be changed at the beginning of the season. I still do it every season even though I use it year round. My old boat had an Indmar engine which took a couple minutes to do. My current boat has a PCM, so I just have the dealer do it at the beginning of the season.

I don't mind doing it myself or the cost of either item. All the info was very helpful and it sounds like neither is hard to swap out.