Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wake prop

Nicvtx

hi everyone at malibucrew

lm a bit unsure about the wake prop, my dealer down in australia said to me the wake prop bites in to the water better

because its a bigger prop but when you get up into the 30mph zone it revs higher than the standard prop is that correct

also does it give better fuel consumption because its a bigger prop

we have an 08 cut dimond vtx if that has to do with anything

thanks

Is the dealer (I am guessing GRE) referring to the Acme 1235? If its the 1235 it will be a fantastic upgrade over the standard prop (537) if you are using the boat mostly for wake boarding. It will increase the revs skiing and may drop the top speed slightly, you may also run in to the rev limiter at WOT.

I agree with Eric the 475 would be a little better fit. With the dimond hull your going to want the 475 over the 1235 so that you don't hit the rev limiter. Also the crew is running a group buy for paid members with will save you some nice $$.

As for gas consumption, when you have a lot of weight in the boat the wake props will help save a little bit because the eng is not working as hard. Now if you take the eng up over 3500 RPMs then your going to start sucking more fuel. Kind of a trade off in my book. You have great hole shot but you loose some top end. It all depends as to what you want at the end of the day.