Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shower Control

hbrew

I am just curious to know where the temperature control is for your shower. Mine is mounted on the side of my engine. It's kind of a pain to lift the cover to adjust the temp. of the shower. Not to mention with two young children lifting the cover while the engine is running isn't safe.

Assuming you have a DD?

Mine is located under the center rear seat, next to the v-drive. It is also a lame spot, though doesn't require opening the engine hatch, but it takes 2 people to opperate (one to use, and one to patiently work the controls)

We basically just set the temp, and you get what you get... I'd like to get more flow out of mine

On most of the earlier installs on DD the controls where located in the engine compartment like on my 96 Sunsetter. I know what you mean a little pain to get at, but on new models they moved the controls to the rear trunk off to the side. Nice for the skiers on the swim platform they get to adjust it just how they like. Not hard to move the controls just need to get the hoses, which are easy to find.

Edited by rod r

I just installed mine about two months ago. I have a DD WS and debated where to put it. The temp setting is behind the engine under a seat where the drive is located. I figured once the temp is set comfortably it should not be accessed too much thereafter. The shower head and hose was run over to the starboard side of the engine in an easy accessable storage compartment where a hook was installed to coil and stowe the hose and shower head. Works fine. Really no where else to run it unless I put the shower head under the starboard side aft seat? KC

OK here's a rough draft....

Shower control relocation instructions

This is a fairly simple modification that can be done by anyone with a few hand tools and about an hours worth of effort.

You’ll need the following tools/supplies

Hacksaw or metal cutting power saw

Wire cutters

Phillips screwdriver

Some stainless machine bolts 8-32 or 10-32 will work fine

2 finishing washers #10

1 ½” x 1 ½” x 1/8” aluminum angle

zip ties

Demo:

1) Not much to it, simply cut the existing zip ties to release the hot and cold water lines.

2) Remove the screws retaining the left over zip ties (you’ll find them at an inopportune moment if you don’t)

3) Remove the screws holding the controls and then pull the controls back through the engine compartment.

Fabrication:

4) You’ll need to fabricate a bracket from the aluminum angle. About 10” should just about do it. (Check me on this, it’s been a while since I did the mod)

5) Mark the control mounting bolt holes on one side of the angle and drill a hole large enough for your bolts to pass through.

Installation:

6) Next mount the controls to the angle and then position the angle where you would like to mount the controls in the rear compartment.

7) Clamp the angle in place and then drill two holes through the fiberglass and the angle. Don’t forget to chamfer the holes to prevent cracks in your gel.

8) Bolt the angle to the hull and then re-route your supply lines around the compartment to the block.