Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Platform covers.

Jeffro84

I don't think I've ever seen a separate swim platform cover for sale. I think people take the platform to an upholstery shop and have one made. BICBW.

I don't think I've ever seen a separate swim platform cover for sale. I think people take the platform to an upholstery shop and have one made. BICBW.

do you have any pictures of this? what i'm invisioning just doesn't make sense :)

Well, my boat cover covers the swim platform as one piece so, I've never needed to do this.

But, I would imagine it would be like sock in a rectangle shape with the only opening along the transome side of the boat. Then I picture two nylon straps that would keep the cover on from the open side, I guess.

Well, my boat cover covers the swim platform as one piece so, I've never needed to do this.

But, I would imagine it would be like sock in a rectangle shape with the only opening along the transome side of the boat. Then I picture two nylon straps that would keep the cover on from the open side, I guess.

OOOHHH! ok it makes sense. i was thinking that people were upholstering their swim platforms... that's why it wasn't clicking. haha

Edited by scott_fx

Thats exactly it. The swim platform gets some sun even on the lift and will be faded and looking nasty soon. I have a call to a buddy of mine who has one, when I get the info I'll put it out.

I just ordered one from my wife . I was thinking I would cover the top and a couple of inches on the bottom to hold it on with may be two straps with Velcro. I was thinking if the bottom was open it would breath.

I had my local canvas shop make one out of Sunbrella material.... attaches with a velcro strap. Cost me $110. Now, I only teak-oil my platform once a year.

Installs in about 60 seconds.

post-114-1235966314_thumb.jpg

post-114-1235966448_thumb.jpg

post-114-1235966463_thumb.jpg

Edited by doughickey

Zoinks!

These prices are scaring me!

I thought $70 from screamin' sacs was high but, then, doughickey (glad to see you're back) paid $110?

Ouch!

I had my local canvas shop make one out of Sunbrella material.... attaches with a velcro strap. Cost me $110. Now, I only teak-oil my platform once a year.

I can see the benefit on a teak platform, looks great Thumbup.gif

Works great on a glass swimstep too. I made one out of an old awning for my MC swim platform a while back. Material was Sunbrella. Was easy to cut the shape & pin together around the swim platform. Then I took the pinned together assembly to a seamstress & they sewed it up in like 2 minutes, complete with vecro straps to hold it in place.

Cost was zero...... the seamstress was my mom.

That is just what I was thinking of. I am going to show my wife the picture. Very nice job.

Works great on a glass swimstep too. I made one out of an old awning for my MC swim platform a while back. Material was Sunbrella. Was easy to cut the shape & pin together around the swim platform. Then I took the pinned together assembly to a seamstress & they sewed it up in like 2 minutes, complete with vecro straps to hold it in place.

Cost was zero...... the seamstress was my mom.

I'm not sure (IMO) why I would need to cover my platform, most of the beating and damage takes place on the water from the boards and people getting ready, unless you talking about using it all the time Dontknow.gif

Anything exposed to the sun on a daily basis is going to suffer to some degree. If you can spend 60-70 bucks to ensure it doesn't is well worth it. Thats my 2 cents.

Anything exposed to the sun on a daily basis is going to suffer to some degree. If you can spend 60-70 bucks to ensure it doesn't is well worth it. Thats my 2 cents.

:Doh: I wasn't thinking about that, I figure a standard cover would deal with that and if it was me I would just take it off. I wouldn't think of leaving our boat in the sun for long periods of time, but that's just me. I wouldn't want to have to go through the work of maintaining the trailer and gelcoat.

I keep my boat on a covered lift but the morning and early afternoon sun beat my platform and dry the teak. If my boat is not being used or at the end of the day the boat cover is on it just keeps the boat much cleaner.

post-2931-1236022472_thumb.jpg

I keep my boat on a covered lift but the morning and early afternoon sun beat my platform and dry the teak. If my boat is not being used or at the end of the day the boat cover is on it just keeps the boat much cleaner.

Can you raise and lower your cover? Seems like if you had some slightly longer skirts you could keep the boat more protected unless your worried about the wind moving it around.

Edited by 68Slalom

:Doh: I wasn't thinking about that, I figure a standard cover would deal with that and if it was me I would just take it off. I wouldn't think of leaving our boat in the sun for long periods of time, but that's just me. I wouldn't want to have to go through the work of maintaining the trailer and gelcoat.

As you know, finding a place to store a wakeboat in the winter is tough,the height and length are problematic. Our boat is winterized and left on the lift, covered, with the swim platform getting about 4 hours of sun a day. A buddy left his exposed and had to send it in for work(sun caused the rubberized material to seperate from the fiberglass).

Can you raise and lower your cover? Seems like if you had some slightly longer skirts you could keep the boat more protected unless your worried about the wind moving it around.

I raise the boat higher if it is not being used or over night. I think about another foot.