Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Steel Shot Ballast Bags (25 lbs or 50 lbs)

Now a VLX Owner

This place is about 40 minutes from my house. I may go check these out in person (possibly tomorrow, if they are open) and get some pricing. If I do, I will post the info along with any other pertinent info I get. I will also ask if we could get a discount on a group buy.

I just spoke with Jim Allor; very friendly & helpful. Here are the prices on the bags:

25# $27.50

50# $38.50

The shot is sealed in a 6mil plastic bag and then put into the shot bag and then the bag is double-stitch sewn. He warned that you do have to be careful not to puncture the bag as water could then get to the shot which will make it like a big rock!

He didn't have any idea on freight charges but said they work with UPS and other trucking companies to get the best rate based on the total order. That is, if you just ordered a few, it would probably be most cost effective to ship those UPS, but if you bought 10 50# bags, a trucking freight company would be cheapest. He said that the best thing to do would just be to call and let him know how many you wanted and what your zip is, and he could give you a quote.

He did say that he couldn't go any lower on the price, even for a group buy.

It looks like this would be a good deal for those of us in the area, but if you need them shipped to you, Pop Bags (www.pop-products.com) would be a better deal. 400# delivered from them is $375. 400# from Metaltec would be $308, and I doubt he could ship them for less than $67.