Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion X Tower Mirror - Do they exist?

Lake Anna Malibu

Yep Samson is the way to go. I picked up one at the boat show a couple months ago and love it.

Here is a not so great pic of it. Really easy install and easliy taken off.

BUmirror60s.jpg

Edited by txdyna65

The Nice mirror/mirror arm looks good - but I have searched the web and have yet to find a price or even anyone that sells this. If you know where you can get this setup, let me know.

I have the swivel arm samson mirror and it moves alot when the water is a little choppy. I have got it pretty tight. Anyone else have this problem? I kinda wish I would have gotten the straight arm since I dont collapse the tower.

The Nice mirror/mirror arm looks good - but I have searched the web and have yet to find a price or even anyone that sells this. If you know where you can get this setup, let me know.

From the website

Nice Rack Tower Accessories Inc.

8854 Muraoka Dr.

Gilroy, CA 95020

408-846-1919

408-846-1933 (Fax)

[email protected]

I had the same problem till I placed just one EXTERNAl TOOTH LOCK type washer in between the bolt on assemply of the arm and the mount.

This washer worked perfectly and keeps my mirror locked in place even on the most busiest days on the water with a lot of chop.

The lock washer looks like a 8 prong (star like) washer and it's purpose is to slightly penetrate the medal brackets and lock them in as you tighten up the bolt.

Here is an actual picture of the washer. I believe you will need a 3/8 washer to fit the bolt the mirror arm uses.

External Star Lock Washer - Stainless Steel

You can get this external tooth lock washer at a good local hardware store. Stainless Steel would be best for on the water. Thumbup.gif

I returned my Sampson mirror. I just didn't like the fit around the tower and the swivel moved too much. I figured it was to much $$ for something I had to continually adjust.

I have the Sampson mirror on my VLX but not the swivel one, I do not collapse the tower. It is solid as a rock and the best mod I have done, got rid of the windshield mirror. I will never figure out why Malibu has a mirror on the windshield that when left open the mirror is unuseable. Its hot here in the summer and I prefer to have that window open. Sampson mirror has better visibility and is completely out of the way, a good investment IMO. It looks good also.

I heard the swivel ones have problems with adjustment and coming loose but the tooth washers might fix that.