Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan tower lights

Marmonick

That pricing is rediculous for halogen technology. What are you paying for the looks? You get Bow glare back in the face and very unfunctional on the water. I am not writing this for any other reason than facts.

Cost is probably 95% in machining and finish, there is not a whole lot to tower lights.

I have yet to see a "functional" tower light for driving on the water period, let alone it's illegal to have lights like that on open water unless you are 100 yards from shore (at least in Washington State) tower lights serve great for docking, loading, un-loading, but they are very far from operating as "head lights" because no light will illuminate the water unless the light can bounce back off of something (waves, buoys, etc)

HID lights perform very different than halogen, i agree with that. But are they any better or "functional" on the water? Have any pictures/ video to show? I would love to see the differences.

-Paul

The HIDs rock. Lets just say that if I drove down from the north end of the lake in the dark at 25 or 30 MPH they were lighting up everything in front of me, so in that regard you're not going to run into anything,( like the Indian dude out zipping across the lake with no lights what so ever) and if it is smooth you can catch anomolies in the surface if there is anything floating in your path. I understand the concept that these will interfere with navigation lights, but the fact is I think it is way safer to be lit up and see where you are going, and it would be pretty difficult to mistake speed and direction from an observers point of view. That is a conversation I don't really want to have with the revenuers though.

We should do a tower light cook-off sometime this summer at Lake Sam.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
Mike (and everyone else that has been PMing me), I didn't anticipate so much interest, which is why I didn't post the pictures here to start with. I've attached two images to this post, one which shows the standard billet aluminum light housing, and one which shows the housing painted to match Malibu's Extreme Green color. We are offering Alpha Series speakers and Ignite Series lights to match almost all of the Malibu colors for 2009 (including the metallic colors).

titan_ignite_ix_light_2.jpg

titan_ignite_ix_light_1.jpg

As I mentioned above, we are nearly done adding these, along with the rest of the Malibu Collection products, to our website. I'll update here when that site is ready.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. If you would like to order a set, or want to inquire about pricing, you can do that through your local Malibu dealer.

I just purchased 4 of these lights with teh wiring harness. I have an 07' VLX with an Illusion X tower. Do you have instructions for installing the lights?

I just purchased 4 of these lights with teh wiring harness. I have an 07' VLX with an Illusion X tower. Do you have instructions for installing the lights?