Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan tower lights

Marmonick

Anyone seen the new titan tower lights for the illusion tower that swivel? my dealer is telling me about them but I cant find them anywhere on the web. yes, i have checked titans website

Hey Marmonick-

We're in the process of getting products from the Malibu Collection up on our website. In the meantime, shoot me your email address and I'll send you some pics of the new Ignition Series Lights for the Illusion X tower.

Hey Marmonick-

We're in the process of getting products from the Malibu Collection up on our website. In the meantime, shoot me your email address and I'll send you some pics of the new Ignition Series Lights for the Illusion X tower.

Skicrave,

Can you post the pics here? Otherwise, I'd like to see them also so if you could send some to me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike (and everyone else that has been PMing me), I didn't anticipate so much interest, which is why I didn't post the pictures here to start with. I've attached two images to this post, one which shows the standard billet aluminum light housing, and one which shows the housing painted to match Malibu's Extreme Green color. We are offering Alpha Series speakers and Ignite Series lights to match almost all of the Malibu colors for 2009 (including the metallic colors).

titan_ignite_ix_light_2.jpg

titan_ignite_ix_light_1.jpg

As I mentioned above, we are nearly done adding these, along with the rest of the Malibu Collection products, to our website. I'll update here when that site is ready.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. If you would like to order a set, or want to inquire about pricing, you can do that through your local Malibu dealer.

As this is a Malibu branded product, you'll need to contact your local Malibu dealer for pricing information. In the event you don't have one nearby I'm sure one of our friendly dealers (Peter@Smooth Water Sports, Zach@The Edge, Wes@Morse Lake, Paul@Bakes and anyone else I forgot) would be happy to provide you with that information.

Is it possible to purchase just the new Surf/Wake combo fork? I currently have two Titan spinner wake racks and I would love to just swap the forks on one or both of the racks. Then I could carry both wakeboards and surfboards without the expense of adding additional racks. I keep my boat in a dock so the spinners really help. Let me know if they can be ordered this way and I can purchase via our local dealer.

Thanks!

Is it possible to purchase just the new Surf/Wake combo fork? I currently have two Titan spinner wake racks and I would love to just swap the forks on one or both of the racks. Then I could carry both wakeboards and surfboards without the expense of adding additional racks. I keep my boat in a dock so the spinners really help. Let me know if they can be ordered this way and I can purchase via our local dealer.

Thanks!

Chuck,

You can swap the forks out and i just spoke with our tower accessory guy and he said he does have some in stock if you can't get them local. Send us a e-mail if you need any more info ( [email protected] )

We got a lot of messages wanting to know pricing and details on the new Titan tower lights, if you need any more info please check out: http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1498

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

Can we start advertising our HID lights now? I keep seeing people advertise. Might not be directly but it is advertisement. I am sure people would love to know technology over looks Yahoo.gif

Thanks!

Chuck,

You can swap the forks out and i just spoke with our tower accessory guy and he said he does have some in stock if you can't get them local. Send us a e-mail if you need any more info ( [email protected] )

We got a lot of messages wanting to know pricing and details on the new Titan tower lights, if you need any more info please check out: http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1498

-Paul

Hello there my friend.

Can you please tell me how these compare to the West Winds products?

They certainly are cool looking.

Cheers!

Josh

Thanks!

Chuck,

-Paul

Hello there my friend.

Can you please tell me how these compare to the West Winds products?

They certainly are cool looking.

Cheers!

Josh

Functionally they are very similar (The Titan lights are easier to install as you don't have to install a thread insert into the tower - No special tools besides the long Allen they supply with each kit)

They are more so cosmetically different / I think they are even the same price.

-Paul

That pricing is rediculous for halogen technology. What are you paying for the looks? You get Bow glare back in the face and very unfunctional on the water. I am not writing this for any other reason than facts. Whistling.gif

That pricing is rediculous for halogen technology. What are you paying for the looks? You get Bow glare back in the face and very unfunctional on the water. I am not writing this for any other reason than facts.

Cost is probably 95% in machining and finish, there is not a whole lot to tower lights.

I have yet to see a "functional" tower light for driving on the water period, let alone it's illegal to have lights like that on open water unless you are 100 yards from shore (at least in Washington State) tower lights serve great for docking, loading, un-loading, but they are very far from operating as "head lights" because no light will illuminate the water unless the light can bounce back off of something (waves, buoys, etc)

HID lights perform very different than halogen, i agree with that. But are they any better or "functional" on the water? Have any pictures/ video to show? I would love to see the differences.

-Paul

That pricing is rediculous for halogen technology. What are you paying for the looks? You get Bow glare back in the face and very unfunctional on the water. I am not writing this for any other reason than facts.

Cost is probably 95% in machining and finish, there is not a whole lot to tower lights.

I have yet to see a "functional" tower light for driving on the water period, let alone it's illegal to have lights like that on open water unless you are 100 yards from shore (at least in Washington State) tower lights serve great for docking, loading, un-loading, but they are very far from operating as "head lights" because no light will illuminate the water unless the light can bounce back off of something (waves, buoys, etc)

HID lights perform very different than halogen, i agree with that. But are they any better or "functional" on the water? Have any pictures/ video to show? I would love to see the differences.

-Paul

The HIDs rock. Lets just say that if I drove down from the north end of the lake in the dark at 25 or 30 MPH they were lighting up everything in front of me, so in that regard you're not going to run into anything,( like the Indian dude out zipping across the lake with no lights what so ever) and if it is smooth you can catch anomolies in the surface if there is anything floating in your path. I understand the concept that these will interfere with navigation lights, but the fact is I think it is way safer to be lit up and see where you are going, and it would be pretty difficult to mistake speed and direction from an observers point of view. That is a conversation I don't really want to have with the revenuers though.

We should do a tower light cook-off sometime this summer at Lake Sam.

-Paul

The HIDs rock. Lets just say that if I drove down from the north end of the lake in the dark at 25 or 30 MPH they were lighting up everything in front of me, so in that regard you're not going to run into anything,( like the Indian dude out zipping across the lake with no lights what so ever) and if it is smooth you can catch anomolies in the surface if there is anything floating in your path. I understand the concept that these will interfere with navigation lights, but the fact is I think it is way safer to be lit up and see where you are going, and it would be pretty difficult to mistake speed and direction from an observers point of view. That is a conversation I don't really want to have with the revenuers though.

They might "light things up" but tower lights (or any forward facing bright light) for navigating (esp at high speeds) is a bad idea (and illegal for a reason.) You risk blinding other boaters and they will not be able to determine your direct/speed/closure rate. Additionally you will likely blind yourself a bit (if you "light up the water or the front of your boat" then your eyes will not be able to work as designed for night vision. When i got my pilots lic they drill this into you... best thing for navigating at night in the sky or on a lake is... well "darkness". This allows your eyes to do their job. Obviously you need to know your lake if you are going to drive around at night. For docking lights work well... and a momentary "on-off" to check for a bouy or obstruction works... but as headlights... no. Maybe if you were on a narrow river lighting up the river banks.. but i can't see how lights (regardless of how bright) would do anything useful on a big body of water. just my 2 cents.

(every year after the 4th of July fireworks on Lake Union the Shariff sits in the mountlake cut yelling at everyone to turn off their docking lights.. it just blinds everyone. Last year we had a guy behind us with his on... we couldn't see anything because of his lights.)

-Paul

They might "light things up" but tower lights (or any forward facing bright light) for navigating (esp at high speeds) is a bad idea (and illegal for a reason.) You risk blinding other boaters and they will not be able to determine your direct/speed/closure rate. Additionally you will likely blind yourself a bit (if you "light up the water or the front of your boat" then your eyes will not be able to work as designed for night vision. When i got my pilots lic they drill this into you... best thing for navigating at night in the sky or on a lake is... well "darkness". This allows your eyes to do their job. Obviously you need to know your lake if you are going to drive around at night. For docking lights work well... and a momentary "on-off" to check for a bouy or obstruction works... but as headlights... no. Maybe if you were on a narrow river lighting up the river banks.. but i can't see how lights (regardless of how bright) would do anything useful on a big body of water. just my 2 cents.

(every year after the 4th of July fireworks on Lake Union the Shariff sits in the mountlake cut yelling at everyone to turn off their docking lights.. it just blinds everyone. Last year we had a guy behind us with his on... we couldn't see anything because of his lights.)

Uh, right, judgement is in order. There was two boats running on the lake at speed, me, and the SFB with no lights whatsoever, so the risk of blinding other drivers was kind of moot. Would I be cruising around Seafare weekend on Lake Washington with them on? No, I don't think so.

I knew you liked your HID lights and I'm glad you chimmed in, are your lights the lights that Pat McCrotch is talking about? I would love to get them out at the same time to compare the two just to see what the difference is.

-Paul

Hence why Malibu's dash and interior lights are "dimmable" (is that a word?) now. That was a big complaint that the dash lights were too bright and made you loose your night vision. I thought i saw that the maliview has a night vision mode built into it as well.

-Paul

That pricing is rediculous for halogen technology. What are you paying for the looks? You get Bow glare back in the face and very unfunctional on the water. I am not writing this for any other reason than facts. Whistling.gif

You may think the price seems high for halogen but I feel the cost is probably becuase ,if it is like the other Titan stuff I have, the quality will be second to none. From the pictures they look to me like the nicest built lights I have seen yet, and I have been looking for a couple years. The only others I have seen where the quality is a step above everything else is the West Winds.

My Titan racks, all with lift offs, are first rate quality. The Alpha 1's, IMHO, are the best looking tower speakers on the Illusion X tower. I feel Titan is a very quality product. I do not think I have seen one post on this forum from anyone owning a Titan product where they were not extreamly happy with it. (No I don't work for Titan, but I do a lot of research before I buy anything)

If quality didn't matter, there are plenty of lesser priced boats than a Malibu with V-Drive technology. Sometime you do get what you pay for.

I knew you liked your HID lights and I'm glad you chimmed in, are your lights the lights that Pat McCrotch is talking about? I would love to get them out at the same time to compare the two just to see what the difference is.

-Paul

Yes indeed. I will let you know when we will be out until dark and we can do a comparison, you just need to get them onto one of your boats. Either way, you will have enough light, so it will be interesting to see the spread/patterns/lumens between them.

Anybody care to post the price. I've also been looking for quite some time. We ride til midnight so i need something fairly bright but these Titans do look cool. I'm a sparky by trade and i have to say you can't compare a HID to Halogen, no comparison IMO.