Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 year model updates?

TexasWakeRep

My dealer said he was going to contact Malibu so that I would receive the 08 year model updates. Anybody know what those are? I'm assuming these are items that fix known issues with the 2008 models?

Here are some general 2008 updates I heard of.

The 2008 Throttle shifter was changed out completely by the drivers side.

The 2008 Black Box radio has a software update.

The 8.1 engine option may have a engine code update (only change it if you hear it is an improvement or if you have issues with your engine - I would have the dealer swap out your old Engine Control Module with a new one form Inmar factory directly) This is the best way to make sure you got a good update.

Both ways were attempted on my 2007 malibu and the later finally fixed the problem of stalling and my boat ran beautiful afterwards. The ECM was bad and did not take the code update.

I am sure others will join in on the updates/warrantee fixes for the 2008.