Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Suggestion for Flightcraft Barefooter

Bluvs2foot

I own a 94 Flightcraft Barefooter (outboard) and want to fit a tower on it. I would appreciate knowing if any Barefooter owners have suggestions. The Barefooter has concave sides above the rub rail. I need brand suggestions and fit suggestions. The tower must be collapsible so I can get it in the garage. (My Barefooter is the larger hull size produced 94-01.)

If this thread already exists, I must have overlooked it then and will apologize in advance.

Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Bluvs2foot
I would check out the Titan towers. They are good looking and very strong.

Have you owned a Malibu Flightcraft Barefooter and used a Titan tower? Have a lot of questions if indeed that is the case. Thanks. "B"

Here is a link to a picture of a barefooter with a titan I tower- its not an outboard but it was the best example I could find. I can tell you that they are awesome towers, a little more pricey than the monster but worth it in my opinion...

Here is a link to a picture of a barefooter with a titan I tower- its not an outboard but it was the best example I could find. I can tell you that they are awesome towers, a little more pricey than the monster but worth it in my opinion...

Wrench Monkey (You're the one working on getting your youngster up behind the boat. Let me know if you still need other help. Been there done that many, many times.) Thanks for the picture and the effort. That Flighty is not the same as mine. It has a flat deck over the bow and straight sides outside the gunnel. That one was not sold over here. I am not as tech savvy as most. Please cut and paste into your browser to see a boat similar to mine and then you will likely see my concerns.

http://store.barefootcentral.com/index.asp...amp;ProdID=1274

I will check out the Titan website. Thanks.

I'm not sure that we've ever had a dealer install a tower on a Flightcraft, and I know for sure that we don't have any images of one on our website. That having been said, I'm very familiar with that boat and we would have no problem building you a tower for it.

If you have any specific questions about our products, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

I'm not sure that we've ever had a dealer install a tower on a Flightcraft, and I know for sure that we don't have any images of one on our website. That having been said, I'm very familiar with that boat and we would have no problem building you a tower for it.

If you have any specific questions about our products, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

Sent PM

Wrench Monkey (You're the one working on getting your youngster up behind the boat. Let me know if you still need other help. Been there done that many, many times.) Thanks for the picture and the effort. That Flighty is not the same as mine. It has a flat deck over the bow and straight sides outside the gunnel. That one was not sold over here. I am not as tech savvy as most. Please cut and paste into your browser to see a boat similar to mine and then you will likely see my concerns.

http://store.barefootcentral.com/index.asp...amp;ProdID=1274

I will check out the Titan website. Thanks.

I am not sure what you are talking about here... I dont have any kids... My handle is malibubarfootr. I also knew it was not the same boat as yours I was just posting a picture as close as I could find to your boat. Good luck to you and your tower endeavor.

Ron Scarpa and Lane Bowers both have Flightcrafts with towers.

Looks like Lane has the Fly High Pro X tower

lbfc.jpg

Ron's boat, not 100% sure but looks like a Skylon Tuna or T3? Rear legs mounted inside windshield. Call up RSWS they'll tell you.

rsfc.jpg

Edited by Hwood
  • 3 weeks later...

Lane has got the BI tower on his boat. I have trained with him and felt the tower was really good fit for the Flightcraft. For the record I have the early (92) flightcraft and If I was to put a tower on this boat I would choose the BI unit. Got a Skylon tower on my Euro and an Extreme tower on my 06 RLXI. Both of these are good towers but the stainless construction of the BI unit along with the adjustablilty has sold me.

Bluvs, your boat is a 1994.5, being the newer/larger hull. (It was a mid-year hull change for that boat)

I'd still recommend the Titan tower, using the side mount brackets they offer for the rear feet, and top mount brackets for the front feet. Stainless tower, super stiff, and available polished or colored.

Peter

• 11 months later...

Bluvs, your boat is a 1994.5, being the newer/larger hull. (It was a mid-year hull change for that boat)

I'd still recommend the Titan tower, using the side mount brackets they offer for the rear feet, and top mount brackets for the front feet. Stainless tower, super stiff, and available polished or colored.

Peter

Hey Peter,

Been off the posting stuff for a while now. Rehabbing a shoulder injury was not really fun and now I am back in the saddle.

No, I believe you may be mistaken. My boat is just a 1994. It is an early production model as well. I previously owned a 1994 inboard Flighty (larger hull) and lived a short distance from the TN plant. Though the Flightcrafts were all made in Merced, in 1994 you could have either hull. I know, as I was asked. So was the first owner of my current outboard. When I bought mine new, it was really early in production cycle as well. I even got a one-off, fully-framed windshield that was about 6 inches shorter than the one they ended up using. (No it was not the lexan from the 1993/1994 smaller hull.)

Thanks for the offering though.

B

Ron Scarpa and Lane Bowers both have Flightcrafts with towers.

Looks like Lane has the Fly High Pro X tower

lbfc.jpg

Ron's boat, not 100% sure but looks like a Skylon Tuna or T3? Rear legs mounted inside windshield. Call up RSWS they'll tell you.

rsfc.jpg

Very helpful...thanks for the pictures. I am a visual learner so this really helps me understand.

B

Hey Peter,

Been off the posting stuff for a while now. Rehabbing a shoulder injury was not really fun and now I am back in the saddle.

No, I believe you may be mistaken. My boat is just a 1994. It is an early production model as well. I previously owned a 1994 inboard Flighty (larger hull) and lived a short distance from the TN plant. Though the Flightcrafts were all made in Merced, in 1994 you could have either hull. I know, as I was asked. So was the first owner of my current outboard. When I bought mine new, it was really early in production cycle as well. I even got a one-off, fully-framed windshield that was about 6 inches shorter than the one they ended up using. (No it was not the lexan from the 1993/1994 smaller hull.)

Thanks for the offering though.

B

What's your hull ID number?

Peter