Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Colored carbonfiber tower speakers!

liljohn

Blue carbon fiber Titan alphas! Thumbup.gif So I found the product online and it goes on like a sticker. The dealer says it is automotive grade and should hold strong. It took me about an hour to do all 4 cans. I think it came out good. Biggrin.gif

post-3478-1235453460_thumb.jpg

The product came from decalfx.com It is a textured sticker. The pictures do not do it alot of justice but it looks just like carbon fiber. They sell it in blue, red, green, and black.

Craig- I`m not sure what im doing with the false wall yet I am still very Mad.gif about the whole situation.

liljohn - thanks for the link!

Which one you get? I am assuming you got the uncut sheets. I see many different options like 3d or Carbon3, etc.

Also, can you share you tower and boat color scheme? My tower is black, but the boat has a ton of red. Just curios if you have a blue tower or if your boat is blue thus you chose the blue vinyl.

liljohn - thanks for the link!

Which one you get? I am assuming you got the uncut sheets. I see many different options like 3d or Carbon3, etc.

Also, can you share you tower and boat color scheme? My tower is black, but the boat has a ton of red. Just curios if you have a blue tower or if your boat is blue thus you chose the blue vinyl.

I did the uncut sheet of the 3D blue carbon fiber. My boat is blue black and white with a black illusion tower. The sheets come in 24" wide rolls which for me I cut in half as the cans where 25" in circumfrance. so 4 cans =6' long sheet @24" wide and I had a little left over.

John you weren't kidding they do look good. I have to admit I was skeptical at first (you might have guessed that when I laughed at you on the phone when you told me about doing this) but turned out great. Nice little mod there. I better get to work you're starting to catch up.

John you weren't kidding they do look good. I have to admit I was skeptical at first (you might have guessed that when I laughed at you on the phone when you told me about doing this) but turned out great. Nice little mod there. I better get to work you're starting to catch up.

Every now and then my crazy ideas do come out alright.. You had better get real busy as I havent posted my other winter mods yet..lol Whistling.gif

The product came from decalfx.com It is a textured sticker. The pictures do not do it alot of justice but it looks just like carbon fiber. They sell it in blue, red, green, and black.

Craig- I`m not sure what im doing with the false wall yet I am still very Mad.gif about the whole situation.

angry about the wall ??

Stereo upgrade done

Boat speakers can now hang with the wetsounds towers but could use some bass improvements Poor L7 not keeping up

Unsure what I'm going to replace it with

Waiting to see your new sub and false wall for some ideas

How about you o6 got and ideas

alpine 1.1000 to push it

Edited by my malibu
Stereo upgrade done

Boat speakers can now hang with the wetsounds towers but could use some bass improvements Poor L7 not keeping up

alpine 1.1000 to push it

I'd go with a 13w6 in a sealed box and pour that pdx all over it.

Or built a 2 cu ft sealed box and run two of these in it with that amp.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4252

Edited by 06vlx
Stereo upgrade done

alpine 1.1000 to push it

Bostons would be sweet but 2 cu ft box and keep the heater location

thinking about this Diamond Audio HP12 - Diamond Audio 12" 800W DVC Hex Pro Subwoofer

what do you think

Stereo upgrade done

alpine 1.1000 to push it

Bostons would be sweet but 2 cu ft box and keep the heater location

thinking about this Diamond Audio HP12 - Diamond Audio 12" 800W DVC Hex Pro Subwoofer

what do you think

Dude move that heater up on the wall as far as you can get it and 2.0 cu ft will be a cinch.

angry about the wall ??

Not the wall but the sub box was built with little to no regard to the fact that it is in a boat. Cry.gif I have been round and round with the shop and now they are closing there doors so im fixing it myself. I should have built it my self to begin with. It was ported wrong, tuned way to low, set up wrong etc. oh well I have it fixed now. I wont tackle the false wall untill I can get it out on the water and make sure I like they way it sounds. the guys at IDQ Think I will be ok but cant say for sure so we will see. Dontknow.gif If I do redo the box it will go sealed at 2.3 cubic feet and they swear that will sound good. I hope I dont have to do that but we will see.

Looking good John Thumbup.gifThumbup.gif Looks like i better get back to work on mine i still hate you for showing me the led store Yahoo.gif

Ha Ha It is like crack man. Drool.gif Every time you get one lighting thing done you look for another and always seem to find it. I just got done with the ice chest. I put in water proof blue leds to make the ice glow.. I must be boared.. Biggrin.gif

off today going to measure to see exactly what i can fit under there

thinking plexi front face with the carbon fiber sticker on inside of box

leds of coarse

and start pricing material , line-x , carpet , etc.

Edited by my malibu
john how malleable is the sticker?

can it cover wets with the cone shape you would have to start at the tampered end lot of stretching

It will not stretch! It is actualy an aluminum sheet. I have some scrap I can show you but stretching it is definatly out of the queshtion.

john how malleable is the sticker?

can it cover wets with the cone shape you would have to start at the tampered end lot of stretching

It will not stretch! It is actualy an aluminum sheet. I have some scrap I can show you but stretching it is definatly out of the queshtion.

damn

you said it is 25 inches wide so you cut it in half?? does that mean that you have a seam in the center of the speaker?

the can dimension is a 25" circumfrance(around) and 12" in length. the sheets come 24" wide by any length you want. I cut the sheet down to 12" wide and 26" in length making the seem run the length of the can. does that make sence?