Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

largest fat sac that will fit in the ski locker of a sv23 wake hull

scott_fx

I've been talking to an online retailer about setting up my ballast system package. he asked me what size ski locker sac i wanted but i dont have access to the boat to measure. here are the options:

16x16x70 700 lbs

10x16x70 400 - 450 lbs

9x18x62 400 lbs

10x18x60 450 lb

does anyone here have experience with the '98 sunsetter. it shares the SV23 Wake hull with the wakesetters through 2001 i believe.

thanks in advance,

scott

Get the W707 Fat Sac by Fly High, plumb a vent hose with a 90 degree fitting that way when the locker is full the sac will over flow, you can either loop the vent line or add a back flow preventor to it.

Get the W707 Fat Sac by Fly High, plumb a vent hose with a 90 degree fitting that way when the locker is full the sac will over flow, you can either loop the vent line or add a back flow preventor to it.

thank you for that recomendation.

another question i have. would it be worth it to plumb in an integrated bow sac into my ballast system? If i did this i'd use a 1200 gph pump and connect the outlet of the bow sac to the inlet of the ski locker sac.

Edited by scott_fx
  • 2 weeks later...

i got to measure the ski locker this morning and it was about 98" long. I'm curious to why the w707 would be the best choice? seeing how the w707 is 20x20x50?

wouldnt i be better off with a longer bag?

also, I backed out of dealing with that first vendor since he was trying to nickle and dime me on the smaller items. so I'm also interested in purchasing from you since you've been helping me.

i got to measure the ski locker this morning and it was about 98" long. I'm curious to why the w707 would be the best choice? seeing how the w707 is 20x20x50?

wouldnt i be better off with a longer bag?

also, I backed out of dealing with that first vendor since he was trying to nickle and dime me on the smaller items. so I'm also interested in purchasing from you since you've been helping me.

Not sure what/how you are measuring but the pic below is my 23lsv locker, the w707 pretty much filled it up. If you truely have 98" then you could go with the W842 Gravity Games Sac, it is 88" x 19" x 19" at 1180 lbs., the only other option is to do a custom sac. Give me a call if you would like and I can explain the options on a custom sac.

lsvb_01.jpg

Not sure what/how you are measuring...

He's talking about the in floor ski locker in the walk-through of the boat.

Scott, go with the w842, it's the best fit for up there from the non-custom and semi-custom bags, and 1,180lbs. should be more than enough weight up front.

• 7 months later...
Not sure what/how you are measuring...

He's talking about the in floor ski locker in the walk-through of the boat.

Scott, go with the w842, it's the best fit for up there from the non-custom and semi-custom bags, and 1,180lbs. should be more than enough weight up front.

Will the W842 fit in the ski locker of a VLX from 2000? Anyone have experience cramming in a large bag into the ski locker?

Anyone have experience cramming in a large bag into the ski locker?

Yeah, I do.

It's more trouble than it's worth.

The actual volume of the ski locker is not all that big.

I'd read this.