Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Poor Customer Service

AzSyndicate

So after reading up a ton on what is best practice on my new BU, I decided to order some product from Babesboats. The hull cleaner/wax sounded like a much better product than the vinegar and water solution I used on my own boat. I placed my order last Tuesday and paid for the expedited 3 day shipping so I would have it Thursday or Friday at the latest.

By end of business hours California time I had not received a shipping notice, just a receipt and sure enough a charge on my credit card. I also tried to track my order on their website's order tracking link, no luck but it did say to check back in 12 hours.

The next day had the same results on their website so I call the number listed for customer service on my receipt and left a message asking for an update. By Thursday I still had not received any updates or a return on my call. Today a.m. (Friday) I wrote an email asking for an update and left a second message at the phone number supplied. By Friday P.M. I have not received my shipment that should have arrived today at the latest.

Tonight, I get an email that my order was out of stock and would be shipped Monday. %*^*(&

I order a good amount of product online. I have had product be out of stock before, I can deal with it. However, most places will let you know upfront. They would answer inquires. Most of all, they would not have charged me until the product ships.

I really wanted to detail my boat this weekend. I could have made other plans or I could have made a lunch time drive to local BU dealer and picked up a bit to hold me over until my shipment came in. No such luck, Babesboats' poor customer service had me sitting in the dark.

I replied to the email asking for my order to be canceled. I didn't get it in time and I sure wasn't going to trust a product that has such poor customer service that I get charged for a product that is out of stock and no status updates. My opinion is that babesboats should not be trusted as a retailer or as a product. I have a feeling they are going to ship the order anyway and I will have to refuse shipment and dispute the charge with my credit card.

/end rant.

So after reading up a ton on what is best practice on my new BU, I decided to order some product from Babesboats. The hull cleaner/wax sounded like a much better product than the vinegar and water solution I used on my own boat. I placed my order last Tuesday and paid for the expedited 3 day shipping so I would have it Thursday or Friday at the latest.

By end of business hours California time I had not received a shipping notice, just a receipt and sure enough a charge on my credit card. I also tried to track my order on their website's order tracking link, no luck but it did say to check back in 12 hours.

The next day had the same results on their website so I call the number listed for customer service on my receipt and left a message asking for an update. By Thursday I still had not received any updates or a return on my call. Today a.m. (Friday) I wrote an email asking for an update and left a second message at the phone number supplied. By Friday P.M. I have not received my shipment that should have arrived today at the latest.

Tonight, I get an email that my order was out of stock and would be shipped Monday. %*^*(&

I order a good amount of product online. I have had product be out of stock before, I can deal with it. However, most places will let you know upfront. They would answer inquires. Most of all, they would not have charged me until the product ships.

I really wanted to detail my boat this weekend. I could have made other plans or I could have made a lunch time drive to local BU dealer and picked up a bit to hold me over until my shipment came in. No such luck, Babesboats' poor customer service had me sitting in the dark.

I replied to the email asking for my order to be canceled. I didn't get it in time and I sure wasn't going to trust a product that has such poor customer service that I get charged for a product that is out of stock and no status updates. My opinion is that babesboats should not be trusted as a retailer or as a product. I have a feeling they are going to ship the order anyway and I will have to refuse shipment and dispute the charge with my credit card.

/end rant.

While I can partly understand your frustration, this is a little over the top dontcha think? Dontknow.gif

They have a great product that works wonders! Bashing them on a message board for taking 3 days to get something out is hardly not worth the effort you used to type this. I agree they should've been a little more expeditious on how they handled your business, but you have to understand that they are probably swamped being that its right before the season starts! I'm sure they are handeling thousands of orders right now to many different companies, and persons like yourself.

My .02

AZ, trust me I know how you feel about the delay in a shipping notice. I never got a notice, it just showed up at the house. As far as customer service, I think they are a pretty small company so when they get busy around springtime I'm sure all resources are allocated to getting the orders filled and shipped, not so much sending out shipping notices. You're not the only one who has had this experience. If you order from them, be patient, it is definitely worth the wait. Thumbup.gif

But just don't take my word for it there are tons on here who swear by their product...

If you are interested in seeing my "rant" click here

Edited by JBuck

I to made a recent online purchase. I didn't receive a call or email confirmation of the order within a one week period. I called the company as I was concerned maybe they went out of business along with a lot of other people, but they didn't. That made me happy that they could still send the product. WE ARE IN A RECESSION - Patients is the key! As long as someone is there to ship the order that is good!

I think you're overreacting, AZ.

Seems to me like maybe you waited too long and then counted on the "expedited" shipping to save your weekend.

If I order something on line on Monday, I wouldn't really expect it to ship that same day. I do agree with your issues of them not returning calls or giving you any update and already charging your card.

But, your statement of "My opinion is that babesboats should not be trusted as a retailer or as a product." is really ignorant. Now you say it's not even a good product? You don't even have it!!

BTW, I don't use Babe's products, I use P+S automotive detailing products.

I do agree that charging the credit card before the items ships - especially for an item that is backordered - is extremely poor.

I to made a recent online purchase. I didn't receive a call or email confirmation of the order within a one week period. I called the company as I was concerned maybe they went out of business along with a lot of other people, but they didn't. That made me happy that they could still send the product. WE ARE IN A RECESSION - Patients is the key! As long as someone is there to ship the order that is good!

We're all dealing with a recession, so that is not a valid excuse. They still need to provide some basic level of customer service, which seems they are not. They seem to have an automated system for charging the credit card; shouldn't they have an automated system for tracking inventory and for creating an e-mail with tracking info?

I will stay away from this company due to this. I will purchase from reputable vendors with a track record of good customer service. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

i have bought from babes, had great service and i love their products. if anyone has an issue with babes and wants the cell phone number of one of the owners, let me know.

Babe's products are approved for use on Malibu boats.

That's a bummer. I'm not discounting your experience, it is what it is. That being said, I've never had an issue with them. I've ordered online from them a few times and always got what I paid for in a timely manner. I wouldn't get too worked up over it. I think it's, for the most part, an isolated incident.

BTW: Their Seat Soap is rad! A few squirts, a little scrubbing, and your seats look brand new!

I personally think you have the right to be pissed. You paid for 3 day service and didnt get it. If they couldnt do it, they should have let you know. Take the extra money off for the extra shipping and or give you the option of cancelling the order. They do have a great product and I use it, I just buy it from other vendors like Bakes. I wouldnt get too worked up over it, but I would ask for the cost of the 3 day shipping back.

AZ I fully understand why your PO seeing how you did pay for 3 day shipping. I have delt with Babe's many of time and they are great people. It is a very small company with only a few workers and this time of year they are hitting boat shows around the US. Now that doesn't give them a pass in my book because they still had the 3 day shipping option open, but as others have said, with tough time's people are cutting back on staff to cut over head and things do slip by. I will make a few phone calls and see what I can do. Babe's has a great product and you should not let the shipping affect your judgment of the product. No I do not work for them.

Pete sorry but I'm sure if you ordered some thing and one of you co-worked didn't drop your package off even though it was on the truck you would be a little PO.

Thanks for all the reply's. I did get my panties in a wad a bit and made a uninformed (ignorant also works) decision about their product as I have never used it. I still feel I should have received better communication about my delay and being charged while the product was back ordered is absolutely un-acceptable to me.

JBuck - I read your thread and realized I ordered the same kit you did, maybe babes has a break down in their process for that item?

I will say that Leigh Phillips of Babe's did promptly credit my card in regards to me canceling my order late Friday night. So my fears that I would have to fight for the money back proved to be wrong. Babes was prompt in my request to cancel the order and my request for my money back. I wish they had used half of that promptness in dealing with my request for updates on my order, would have saved me from looking like such a Drama Queen.

So, its going to be in the 80's here in AZ tomorrow, anyone else going boating!

Pete sorry but I'm sure if you ordered some thing and one of you co-worked didn't drop your package off even though it was on the truck you would be a little PO.

Greg,

You're waaaay off.

The product never left Babe's so, that scenario is not relevant.

AZ, glad to hear you're back on board. In fact, I admired your dedication to wanting to clean up your boat real nice. Wish I had that much dedication. Rockon.gif