Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transome Strobe LED

jetro

Mathmattically double negatives make a positive, but I don't think if you add a flasher to a strobing LED pod it will make it NOT strobe. If you don't want strobing LEDs, something tells me you will have to replace them. It should be an easy fix since you shouldnt need to replace the wiring.

I don't understand what a strobing transome light is. Are you telling me it flashes a super high light like a flash on a camera at a varied rate?? That sounds preposterous.

Edited by Pistol Pete
I don't understand what a strobing transome light is. Are you telling me it flashes a super high light like a flash on a camera at a varied rate?? That sounds preposterous.

Tell me about it.. They are LED stobe..Flash like a reg strobe but are led and rated for underwater.. Not sure why they put them on.. Prob just change them out.. I was just wondering if i cld take the strobe out of them..

Now that I look back at the original post, I read it wrong.....

Why would they put strobes on a boat? That's just asking for law enforcement's attention and possibly a citation.

• 1 month later...

Figured out the LED Strobe issue.. The product is made by Whelen.. It has a extra wire you touch to the 12V power wire to change the flash patterns until you find the steady.. I had never seen anything like it before..

led

Edited by jetro