Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Lines, which is which

Can anyone tell me what all 4 of these are? Ultimately I'm trying to replace my fuel filter and I think I need to bleed off some pressure first (something about a shraeder valve)?

06' vride

340 monsoon

330hrs

Thanks,

post-8316-1235139820_thumb.jpg

Edited by nemire12
Can anyone tell me what all 4 of these are? Ultimately I'm trying to replace my fuel filter and I think I need to bleed off some pressure first (something about a shraeder valve)?

06' vride

340 monsoon

330hrs

Thanks,

Ok #1 is the filter, and #3 is the fuel line running to the fuel rail. #2 and #4 are the return line from the fuel rail and the vent, but I am not sure which is which.

The shraeder valve is more than likely on the fuel rail on the top of the engine, it looks like the valve stem on a tire.

06' vride

340 monsoon

330hrs

Thanks,

Ok #1 is the filter, and #3 is the fuel line running to the fuel rail. #2 and #4 are the return line from the fuel rail and the vent, but I am not sure which is which.

The shraeder valve is more than likely on the fuel rail on the top of the engine, it looks like the valve stem on a tire.

Wow, ok thanks for the info. So I just need to bleed off the "valve stem", and change out #1. I was thinking #1 was the filter but everything else I've read shows the fuel filter as an element. Does that thing come apart and I just change the element inside and reuse the housing, or something like that??

Thanks again.

Help me out here guys - when did they go to the in tank fuel pumps? I thought it was for the 07 boats.

I believe on your boat, the fuel pump is on the engine & the line to the filter is low pressure.

You can verify that by following the line from #1 to the fuel rail. If it enters a 'canister' attached on the transmission side of your engine (towards the bow of your boat stern of the DDs) & then goes to the fuel rail, you don't need to release the pressure.

That should be a WIX 33299/NAPA 3299 filter and cost you about $10.

06' vride

340 monsoon

330hrs

Thanks,

Wow, ok thanks for the info. So I just need to bleed off the "valve stem", and change out #1. I was thinking #1 was the filter but everything else I've read shows the fuel filter as an element. Does that thing come apart and I just change the element inside and reuse the housing, or something like that??

Thanks again.

Nope, you don't reuse anything. Throw the filter away and replace with a new one. Unscrew the hose clamps on both ends of the canister and remove then replace with a new one. Pay attention to the flow direction arrow marked on the new filter.

You do not have a pump in tank, therefore you have no pressure on the filter. Simply remove the filter as mentioned above (#1), throw away, and replace with new Wix 33299 (if 2002 or newer). No need to bleed the fuel rails down.

Peter

You don't need to bleed any pressure, its a low pressure filter.

Just be ready with a cup to catch some gas.

-Chris

awesome, so get a cup and unhooker Dontknow.gif I assume my first start-up will take a little longer in order for all the lines to rebuild pressure. I can see myself wigging out about that if it doesn't start right away!!

Heck, while I'm at it I might as well change my plugs. Any part #'s plugs, in the mean time I'll try to find it here with the search, thanks y'all (Charlotte, NC!!)

Edit - got the plug #, ouch $9 a pop for platinum!!

Edited by nemire12
why would you replace platinum plugs

unless the electrode is worn down

there is no need for them to be replaced

good info, I guess since I'll have them out, I might as well replace them, but I've also heard of people getting 1000 hrs on a set so maybe I won't.

Thanks for all the info on the fuel filter, that was simple, removing the 2 screw for the braces was the hardest part!!