Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis A22 Photo's

Bake's Marine

What was Randall's setup on the Axis?

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you, Here is the set up that Randall Harris Had in this video: http://www.alliancewake.com/video_details_...eme.php?id=4494

Factory Hard Tanks (standard)

Center 500 lbs.

St Rear 200 lbs.

Pt Rear 200 lbs.

Plug N Play Ballast system (factory option)

Center/Bow Fly High Bag 475 lbs.

St Fly High Rear Bag 400 lbs.

Pt Fly High Rear Bag 400l bs.

Floating Wedge equivalent to 800 lbs (approx)

Total Ballast = 2,175 lbs + Wedge + Crew

Was that the info you were looking for?

-Paul

Yes thanks.

Is there going to be any other models, something like a VTX?

Edited by CumminsBu
What was Randall's setup on the Axis?

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you, Here is the set up that Randall Harris Had in this video: http://www.alliancewake.com/video_details_...eme.php?id=4494

Factory Hard Tanks (standard)

Center 500 lbs.

St Rear 200 lbs.

Pt Rear 200 lbs.

Plug N Play Ballast system (factory option)

Center/Bow Fly High Bag 475 lbs.

St Fly High Rear Bag 400 lbs.

Pt Fly High Rear Bag 400l bs.

Floating Wedge equivalent to 800 lbs (approx)

Total Ballast = 2,175 lbs + Wedge + Crew

Was that the info you were looking for?

-Paul

Yes thanks.

Is there going to be any other models, something like a VTX?

Probaly not until the 2010 model year

Right now, the California plant is building them. Once the economy levels out a bit, there is a facility on the Malibu grounds that will do the Axis Boats.

They all ready did, they are in big-dogs hanger. Merced, CA

-Paul

I heard that hangar was chock full of toys. You're telling me there's enough room in there to build an entire boat from raw material to finished product?

The caption on that video says "check out Randall and his new ride". I have a hard time believing he turned in his VLX for that boat.....did he really!?

Randall will do what ever the sponsor PAYS him to do!

• 4 weeks later...
P.S. The Hull is a Wakesetter 23LSV with a picklefork on the front. It is a great boat for the mid 40's

This is the first I've heard it is the same hull, what is your source?

I ask, since I'm a big fan of the 23LSV wake and looking for a boat. And, do you mean the 07/08 25V hull?

From what I saw of the boats that they had at Merced today, that wasn't an older V25 hull. Looking at the strakes & chines, it's very similar to the new hull.

I've got a lot of pics, they're building these boats in the same building right along side the Malibus. There are differences in the build construction though & a little of the speculation that I've read is true after talking with Amy at length. I'll have a more thorough writeup & post pics on that, maybe this weekend.

From what I saw of the boats that they had at Merced today, that wasn't an older V25 hull. Looking at the strakes & chines, it's very similar to the new hull.

I've got a lot of pics, they're building these boats in the same building right along side the Malibus. There are differences in the build construction though & a little of the speculation that I've read is true after talking with Amy at length. I'll have a more thorough writeup & post pics on that, maybe this weekend.

Why didn't you tell me you would be in Merced today, I would have bought lunch.

Our blue/White Axis:

Looks good! We went with a tuxedo look since everybody loves black and white. Since that one found a home I'm not sure which color our next order will be, that blue one looks pretty nice!!

-Paul