Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis A22 Photo's

Bake's Marine

Here are pics of the Axis Wake A22 in action!

AXIS / RANDALL HARRIS VIDEO: http://www.alliancewake.com/video_details_...eme.php?id=4494

post-4023-1235090181_thumb.jpg

post-4023-1235090211_thumb.jpg

Wakeboard wake: 22mph, All 3 Ballast Under Floor Hard Tanks, 3 People, Manual Wedge down

post-4023-1235090288_thumb.jpg

Surf Wake: 10 mph, Center ballast full, Starboard side ballast full, 3 people, manual wedge down

"It Big League's all the other boats in this price range. The 22ft length and 100" beam made it look and feel like a roomy 23 foot boat on the water. It handled the turns and rollers great. The 335hp engine provided quick acceleration with 3 people on board. With stock ballast and wedge, the wakeboard wake was very similar to the Malibu Wakesetter VLX. Clean, rampy, and wide. The surf wake looked solid out of the box too. Nice sharp lip, clean wave, long face to surf close or further back."

- Bret V (08' VLX Owner)

Bake's Marine

Edited by Bake's Marine

Good looking boat. I remember seeing these boats at the PHX boatshow but was too busy drooling over the Bu's. I was going to go back and look at them but didn't have time.

What's the base price and standard features on the A22?

Good looking boat. I remember seeing these boats at the PHX boatshow but was too busy drooling over the Bu's. I was going to go back and look at them but didn't have time.

What's the base price and standard features on the A22?

Base Price $39,995 (Includes Tandem Axle Trailer with Disc Brakes)

Check out the axis wake website for Features , Options & Specs

http://www.axiswake.com/fos/

Standard Options:

Indmar AR 335 MPI Engine

Skybox Slide Seating

Stainless Cup Holders

Above - Engine Storage Bin

Insulated Cooler Bag

AXRay Kick Panel

Locking Glove Box

Storage LED Lighting

Wakebox 900 Ballast System (under floor hard tanks x3)

Cruise Control

FatAX Wakeboard Tower

Tandem Axle with Disc Brakes

-Paul

Uh hello, When do we get to do a review with extra ballast? I think the boat has alot of potential. that being said I dont think anyone who owns a bu will be purchasing one. Anyone who wants a bu and just cant get past the price tag will love this boat. just my opinion with out driving it or sccing it out. I might change my mind if it surfs anything like the 09 vlx.

Edited by liljohn

Like the colors.

Does any one know if this is going to be the only Model Axis sells or is there something else in the works?

Something like the VTX, FXI or LXI and always the Sportster.

Hey Paul, did each Malibu dealer have to take an Axis boat to the boat show?

We didn't have to but i know Bake's wanted to, we didn't get our axis boat until 2 or 3 days before the show started. I don't think all the dealers are going to deal Axis but they have quite a few dealers listed on their site: http://axiswake.com/dealer/

Uh hello, When do we get to do a review with extra ballast? I think the boat has alot of potential. that being said I don't think anyone who owns a bu will be purchasing one. Anyone who wants a bu and just cant get past the price tag will love this boat. just my opinion with out driving it or saccing it out. I might change my mind if it surfs anything like the 09 vlx.

Jon, Anytime! Too bad we didn't do it this week, 55 degree weather... we might not see that for a while again! Let's figure out a time to take it out on Sammamish and sac it out to see how the wake looks. If it surfs anything like Adam McCall was telling me it will, I think we are going to be impressed!

-Paul

Thanks for posting. Been wanting to see one in action.

How many have they sold thus far? I was wondering if anyone who buys one might post it up here and chat about it.

Paul, I spent about an hour in the Axis with Adam at the show in Calgary. He sure came across as a genuine guy. He answered all my questions openly and honestly. As I put in the Calgary boat show review thread, after spending the time with Adam I have completely changed my opinion on the Axis. Good luck to Adam and the rest of the Axis boys with the new line!!

I spent some time Looking and moving around in the boat at the boat show. The boat is great for what it is intended for, but it would be hard to go from the LSV to it. If I had not owened a malibu and was looking to buy i would look at it pretty hard. It does look alot better in the water then it does on the trailer. I couldnt really find anything that I didnt like about it for a basic boat except for one thing. The tower, where it comes forward near the windshield. I was just moving around in it and hit my arm on it twice. when we surf I like looking back from the right side and not the left, and i can see that being an issue. Other then that, my hats off to you Axis guys and i hope the boat does well.

I got a chance to see/poke around our AXIS at the boatshow in Bosotn this weekend. Looking at it I was really taken back and didn't know what I thought.

Then i looked below the swim platform and I see Malibu through and through, looks like they took the SV-23 hull design, which is great. Looking at the certian parts of the boat, you can see the same build quality/construction that goes into every Malibu.

I was not a fan of the interior however, reminded me of a centurion or moomba in terms of cushion design/thickness/dash etc.

Overall, I'm impressed and think they may find a nice market niche with this boat while not encroaching on the V-ride market too much.

-Chris

What was Randall's setup on the Axis?

I dropped Adam a e-mail to find out for you...

The caption on that video says "check out Randall and his new ride". I have a hard time believing he turned in his VLX for that boat.....did he really!?

Adam is driving his VLX (similar color combo) so i wonder if he is rolling both now, wouldn't that be nice. I will ask Adam about that too

-Paul

Seen the boat at the Calgary boat show and was mildly impressed. Do you guys think it will really find a market or fizzle out??? Certainly good value for the hardcore boarder and surfer.

I'm skeptical. I think it encroaches on the Vride's market a bit too much to be successful long term.

45K+/- for a well equipped 09 Axis (which is an unproven commodity)

OR

50K+/- for a well equipped 09 VRIDE (which is now on the hull that was Malibu's wakeboarding flagship for years).

I would say that Axis has seemed to 'hit the nail on the head' when it comes to marketing this boat. Good PR from Adam (owner?). Great spokesperson in Randall Harris (who among us actually thinks that Randall would say a boat was dope if it wasn't). I guess it all depends on if the 'look' of the boat is popular. If people like the sharp, triangular facets of the boat, it will do well. I'm not in love with the look of the boat, but it's hard not to root for a these guys.....

What was Randall's setup on the Axis?

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you, Here is the set up that Randall Harris Had in this video: http://www.alliancewake.com/video_details_...eme.php?id=4494

Factory Hard Tanks (standard)

Center 500 lbs.

St Rear 200 lbs.

Pt Rear 200 lbs.

Plug N Play Ballast system (factory option)

Center/Bow Fly High Bag 475 lbs.

St Fly High Rear Bag 400 lbs.

Pt Fly High Rear Bag 400l bs.

Floating Wedge equivalent to 800 lbs (approx)

Total Ballast = 2,175 lbs + Wedge + Crew

Was that the info you were looking for?

-Paul