Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop question for a 247LSV with 8.1

Duke4

I have a 247LSV with the 8.1. I am looking for a prop that would help the boat pop out of the water easier when the boat is full and we are surfing and wakeboarding. I am not unhappy with the way the stock prop works just wondering if anyone has tried anything different and what the results were. I only have the origonal prop and its probablly not a bad idea to have a second.

I also think it would be interesting to have a cruise prop that would drop the rps while cruising but dont really cruise enough to justify the cost.

Thanks

OJ 475 Yes.gif

This prop is going to give you the best all around performance for you boat. Its going to give great hole shot for surfing and boarding but will lower your max speed by a 2-4MPH. I would think your stock prop is the 537 witch is a great prop for cruising. What elevation are you at?

OJ 475 Yes.gif

This prop is going to give you the best all around performance for you boat. Its going to give great hole shot for surfing and boarding but will lower your max speed by a 2-4MPH. I would think your stock prop is the 537 witch is a great prop for cruising. What elevation are you at?

We are at approx 230 feet. Thanks for the recomendations everyone.

OJ 475 Yes.gif

I assume you are running this prop. Was your experience as D-Goose predicted? Better holeshot and 2-4MPH top end reduction. Any other improvements or tradeoffs?

Thanks

Jeff