Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 V-Ride Hull

rprilutsky

So do i understand correctly that i can install a standard bow ballast on 05 VLX that did not have it. How much will this the cost? How much works? what parts would i need to buy?

Wake aside, I can't remember all the differences, but I guess some differencs could be that the 08 vride could have the power wedge, newer electronics, Bu's cruise control, drive by wire, and obviously warranty. Are there others?

I'd be pushing very hard on both prices right now. As has been stated many times, there were some pretty nice new 08 Vrides on here a few months ago for mid 30's with trailer and many options.

I had an 06 Vride and loved it and now the 08 VLX and love it. Get out in both and give it a test drive and ride.

Peace.

I'm pretty sure all vRides including 09's do not have the Drive by Wire option. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

So do i understand correctly that i can install a standard bow ballast on 05 VLX that did not have it. How much will this the cost? How much works? what parts would i need to buy?

Maybe. On other models it's an easy retrofit, but as I said above the VLX is different due to the way that the deck/floor/hull come together. It may not be something that can be done by a dealer, but others here can comment more intelligently than I can about that.

You will have to use a fly high integrated bow sack vs. the factory hard tank.

You will need

- Bow sack

- two pumps

- some wire

- couple of fittings

- new switch and switch cover

If you are unsure take it to any competant dealer they can probably do the job in an hour of two.

Wake aside, I can't remember all the differences, but I guess some differencs could be that the 08 vride could have the power wedge, newer electronics, Bu's cruise control, drive by wire, and obviously warranty. Are there others?

I'd be pushing very hard on both prices right now. As has been stated many times, there were some pretty nice new 08 Vrides on here a few months ago for mid 30's with trailer and many options.

I had an 06 Vride and loved it and now the 08 VLX and love it. Get out in both and give it a test drive and ride.

Peace.

I'm pretty sure all vRides including 09's do not have the Drive by Wire option. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

I think wakeup meant throttle by wire

You will have to use a fly high integrated bow sack vs. the factory hard tank.

You will need

- Bow sack

- two pumps

- some wire

- couple of fittings

- new switch and switch cover

If you are unsure take it to any competant dealer they can probably do the job in an hour of two.

I looked up the fly high integrated bow sack. Can it be installed on VLX? are there instructions somewhere?

Peace.

I think wakeup meant throttle by wire

you are correct, sorry! Had my words mixed up.