Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is it illegal to fish off a Malibu???

obrienman

Don’t like fish, don’t eat fish, therefore, no fishing allowed. To be honest we don’t really have time for it anyway. I say fish away it’s one less boat making wakes…..but you’ll get you picture taken and some serious razzing… :)

I was showing off my new boat to my father in law and showed him the hot water shower and his remark was "that big platform on the back with that shower by it will be perfect for cleanin' fish!" :Doh:

A few years back, someone fished off my Malibu while it was in a marina. They left fish blood etc. on the vinyl Mad.gif

The following couple of nights I went down to the marina fishing myself Whistling.gif

I caught a huge striped bass off my bu at Lake Powell one year. It was well justified though, it was pitch dark. :blush:

Edited by LS-One

there are some malibus that are great for fishing. Thumbup.gif when I say some I mean I have seen ONE malibu that was believe it or not outfitted with two downriggers. Talk about a high price fishing boat. It was the strangest thing to see on a 23 lsv. What some people will do.

I love waterskiing. and I love fishing. I'll only be able to take 1 boat to the cottage (the Malibu). Is fishing allowed or will I get bitchslapped???

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth! Tease.gif

One of my co-workers always asks me can he come out with me on

my boat and fish sometime? I tell him if he shows up with a rod and reel

he will be walking the plank! And probably getting BYATCH-slapped!

I love waterskiing. and I love fishing. I'll only be able to take 1 boat to the cottage (the Malibu). Is fishing allowed or will I get bitchslapped???

Wasn't the first purpose of a boat to fish. Get off your high horses people, Yes it is fine to fish off ANY boat, but not mine.

you can do anything you want on my boat...as long as it involves wakeboarding or wakesurfing!

No fishing rod will ever get near my boat. I have had people ask me if I ever go fishing in the river and I always look at them with the same blank stare wondering if they have any idea what they just asked me!

We fish off the boat quite a bit when the water is rough. I've never had an issue with hooks, fish blood, or anything else. We keep a couple poles and tackle under the seats. We even use live worms sometimes. There is a bounty on Pike Minnow in the Columbia, so a good day fishing can pay for some gas. For the most part we just fish for Smallmouth off the platform, but my buddy did catch (and release) a 2' sturgeon off of the bow last summer.

Salmon fishing, however, is NEVER allowed on the boat........no matter how many we see (or how good they taste!) :)

What if it is unintentional? Last summer after dropping my skier in the middle of the lake I was pulling in the rope and just before I was about to pull the handle out of the water, a monster Musky attacked the handle.

I have found that the ski platform is the perfect place for fly-fishing.

My wife loves to fish and in the beginning I told her Absolutely NO WAY!!! But she pointed out to me that I really had no choice in the matter. So I keep a rod, reel and tackle in the boat for her. She is only allowed to fish off the swim platform and has assured me that she would not bring a single fish into the boat. We keep a cooler for her to put the fish in, thankfully however she has not caught one yet and hopefully she will never catch one.

My wife loves to fish and in the beginning I told her Absolutely NO WAY!!! But she pointed out to me that I really had no choice in the matter. So I keep a rod, reel and tackle in the boat for her. She is only allowed to fish off the swim platform and has assured me that she would not bring a single fish into the boat. We keep a cooler for her to put the fish in, thankfully however she has not caught one yet and hopefully she will never catch one.

:lol: Something tells me that as she's fishing off the swim platform, you're dumping fish repellent in the water off the bow.... :)

HAHA...wellllll....One time she could see a fish circling her hook about 10 feet down. Somehow though, I "accidently" dropped a paddle in the water and the fish disappeared..... Whistling.gif Oh well, I told her she would have better luck next time. I was able to fish the paddle out of the water though......

Wow....what a bunch of sissies. Scared of a little fish blood? Not saying that our Bu gets used for fishing, but come on. Lame! My bigger concern is hot rifle and pistol brass on the vinal. Don't know if it is haot enough to melt the vinal. We run into a fare share of snakes on one pond we ski. Rarely do we ski w/o having to defend the mother ship at some point Crazy.gif

You might want to call me a sissie....but come on SNAKES!??! There is no way I would go boating on a pond with snakes in it let alone actually getting IN the water!!!!! That's just crazy! Crazy.gif

You might want to call me a sissie....but come on SNAKES!??! There is no way I would go boating on a pond with snakes in it let alone actually getting IN the water!!!!! That's just crazy! Crazy.gif

Plus1.gif

There's no f-in-way I'd get anywhere near a lake or pond with SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!! Crazy.gif

LOL.......last summer I kayaked the middle section of the Owyhee River in south eastern Oregon. There is a 28 mile dirt road in and we counted about 25 snakes on the way in. As we were rigging the kayaks a snake swam across the river and went straight into my friends kayak. Kinda set the tone for the whole trip. :Unsure:Caught some huge bass though.......

Never will fish from my bu.

Edited by ruffdawg

Here lies the problem. When you fish on a BU the snakes seem to come swimin. If they come on board, we have problem!!! While in the cool of quite time a snake will seek the highes spot.But if you rattle a snake and upset it, it will drop down a hide in the bowels of your BU.