Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is it illegal to fish off a Malibu???

obrienman

I love waterskiing. and I love fishing. I'll only be able to take 1 boat to the cottage (the Malibu). Is fishing allowed or will I get bitchslapped???

It's not illegal...but it should be. Yes.gif

Get a canoe for fishing. Thumbup.gif

EDIT: # 5999 Shocking.gif Better make the next one good. :)

Edited by NorCaliBu
I love waterskiing. and I love fishing. I'll only be able to take 1 boat to the cottage (the Malibu). Is fishing allowed or will I get bitchslapped???

You might get a few strange looks like :unsure:Fingerwag.gifDontknow.gif:Doh:Crazy.gifROFL.gif

You could just drop a line with a spinner from the pylon and putt around the lake...

Edited by 06vlx

Obrienman,

I've been wondering the same thing, I was just too afraid to be the first guy to ask the question. Thanks for falling on that sword... Whistling.gif

Wasn't the first purpose of a boat to fish. Get off your high horses people, Yes it is fine to fish off ANY boat, but not mine.

Wasn't the first purpose of a boat to fish. Get off your high horses people, Yes it is fine to fish off ANY boat, but not mine.

Nice one!! I used to fish out of the I/O before this one. I won't ever say never, but it is very, very unlikely.

I say that when you pay that much for a boat, you can do any thing you want in it. Personally, I keep some collapsable fishing poles hidden away in a bag in the locker. I have had a few situations where we ran into areas the sandbass were running (shad were popping) and we will stop and fish off the back platform. I sometimes fish in the bow, but I dont trust anyone else to. I am not so much worried about blood as I am hooks.

So the rules are: 1. Artificial bait only 2. Fishing from the platform only (except for me) 3. Catch and release (no fish in the boat)

I'll be fishing off mine. When I was a kid we used to fish the Ozarks, and after we did enough fishing we would ski home, we could always find glass.

This is a funny thread! I fished, trolled for walleyes, out of mine last summer. It actually worked pretty well except that even at the lowest idle we were going about 4 mph according to the GPS which was a little fast. That being said, we caught a couple, that ended up in a tote filled with water on the platform. If we had been somewhere that I could have rented a fishing boat, I would probably have done that instead, and avoided the risk of a hook in the vinyl.

When I bought my Bu a few years back I told my wife and kids there would be "NO fishing in this boat". The following Christmas my wife surprised me with a bass boat. WOW, what a great woman! Thumbup.gifTongue.gifThumbup.gifTongue.gifThumbup.gifTongue.gif

If it is a DD it is okay...

awe maaaaaaannn...that's just rough, but also pretty damn funny.

I'll add to this ... it's ok if you have a fiberglass swim platform.

DeltaDan ... we're just kidding around.

put some rod holders on dat tower! Whistling.gif (slap)

I keep a fishing pole in mine. Of course it for my 4 yr old, has lightning McQueen on it & doesn't have a hook, just a bobber. He prefers just throwing and reeling in the bobber. A fish brought into the boat will scare him.

I owned two Bass boats before coming back to the ski world. I don't know how many times I cast or put a line in the water? And got nothing. Now I am back with the ski world and have found every time I put my line in the water I get a hit or come up with a skier or boarder. Thumbup.gif