Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Southern California

White Lightning

Hi Everyone,

My family is heading down to Disney and South California for a holiday in July and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any lakes where a guy could rent a BU for the day and try out some California lakes. We will be spending a good portion of our time at Huntington beach so something within a few hours would be great. Thanks in advance for your help.

W.L. Thumbup.gif

Hi Everyone,

My family is heading down to Disney and South California for a holiday in July and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any lakes where a guy could rent a BU for the day and try out some California lakes. We will be spending a good portion of our time at Huntington beach so something within a few hours would be great. Thanks in advance for your help.

W.L. Thumbup.gif

Yuo will probably have to drive 5-6 hours north of So Cal and forget renting anything new. Most bu's for rent are not turned over very quickly by the Marinas.

There really isn't a whole lot of great ski lakes in Socal. Elsinore, Perris, or maybe Marine Stadium (Pacific Ocean). If you get up towards Santa Barbara or Bakersfield there are a few more, Naciemento, and a few private lakes around Bakersfield.

The riding gets a lot better the further north you go, Delta, Clear, Oroville, Berryesa, or Shasta, but I understand their all really low now days. Or maybe to the east, Havasu, Powell, Parker Strip, etc.

As for renting a 'bu..... only seen that one time on Shasta. And it was just a Sportster that had been run long & hard.

Might be better to go try your hand at surfing. Or kite boarding. Plenty of that around Huntington & Newport.

There really isn't a whole lot of great ski lakes in Socal. Elsinore, Perris, or maybe Marine Stadium (Pacific Ocean). If you get up towards Santa Barbara or Bakersfield there are a few more, Naciemento, and a few private lakes around Bakersfield.

The riding gets a lot better the further north you go, Delta, Clear, Oroville, Berryesa, or Shasta, but I understand their all really low now days. Or maybe to the east, Havasu, Powell, Parker Strip, etc.

As for renting a 'bu..... only seen that one time on Shasta. And it was just a Sportster that had been run long & hard.

Might be better to go try your hand at surfing. Or kite boarding. Plenty of that around Huntington & Newport.

Just got back from the waterfront Hilton resort in Huntington beach for a week. Unfortunately it was all business but I saw the surfers out there tearing it up. There was quite a bit of wind the whole week, and it was cold.

two words: WATER PARK

We took our son to Disney World for a week last year for his 40th birthday. My wife was reluctant but we ended up having a blast at the two Disney Water Parks in Kissimmee. All four of us enjoyed the water park and considered it a highlight of the trip which was 7 days on the ground. The next time we go we'll probably hit the water sooner as we waited for the 5th day before we tried it. Fun for all ages.

two words: WATER PARK

We took our son to Disney World for a week last year for his 40th birthday. My wife was reluctant but we ended up having a blast at the two Disney Water Parks in Kissimmee. All four of us enjoyed the water park and considered it a highlight of the trip which was 7 days on the ground. The next time we go we'll probably hit the water sooner as we waited for the 5th day before we tried it. Fun for all ages.

..wrong coast... Disneyland is in Kalifornia...

(I can't wait until our daughter is a little older THEN we'll take her to DisneyWorld. Neither my wife or I have been..)

Patrick