Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New BU

AzSyndicate

Wanted to say hello to everyone as this is my first post. I finally got my new baby - 06 23LSV. I have been working to get her for about 2 weeks. Seller had a hard time getting all the paper work together. I am not sure he even knew what he had. 64 hours total on this boat.

Mechanic looked her over. I had to put in 3 new batteries as the old ones were leaking and not holding a charge. Ballast pumps might be shot as well, they are groaning pretty loudly. Got a new impeller and the oil changed out. She should be ready to go!

I got to say thanks for all the helpful people on this site. I have been lurking for a while and registered about 2 weeks ago with some help from Wakegirl. I plan on doing some of the LED mods and might get my prop changed out in the GB.

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

Wanted to say hello to everyone as this is my first post. I finally got my new baby - 06 23LSV. I have been working to get her for about 2 weeks. Seller had a hard time getting all the paper work together. I am not sure he even knew what he had. 64 hours total on this boat.

Mechanic looked her over. I had to put in 3 new batteries as the old ones were leaking and not holding a charge. Ballast pumps might be shot as well, they are groaning pretty loudly. Got a new impeller and the oil changed out. She should be ready to go!

I got to say thanks for all the helpful people on this site. I have been lurking for a while and registered about 2 weeks ago with some help from Wakegirl. I plan on doing some of the LED mods and might get my prop changed out in the GB.

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

That's awesome! Congratulations on the new 'bu - it looks sharp.

Thumbup.gifClap.gifDrool.gif

Very nice, congratulations. I'd like to point out that I'm a little envious that you have green grass and I've still got 3 feet of snow.

Plus1.gif on the snow comment!

Congrats on the new BU! As other have already said, love the colors!! Thumbup.gif

Thanks for all the positive comments. This boat is a big Jump for me. My previous boat is a 19 chaparral with a tower that I have had had for 7 years. I am hoping this boat will last me as long. I can not wait to get it in the water an see what kind of wake she makes.

Regarding the lack of snow and the green grass, I would also like to point out that our lakes here in AZ do not freeze over and rarely get colder than 50. Pretty much means we have year round skiing with our drysuits. And yes, we do need the drysuites. You have no idea how thin your blood can get when the summer temps are 115 and above.

This boat has the monsoon and prop that says 537, should I still be looking at the 1235?

Thanks for all the positive comments. This boat is a big Jump for me. My previous boat is a 19 chaparral with a tower that I have had had for 7 years. I am hoping this boat will last me as long. I can not wait to get it in the water an see what kind of wake she makes.

Regarding the lack of snow and the green grass, I would also like to point out that our lakes here in AZ do not freeze over and rarely get colder than 50. Pretty much means we have year round skiing with our drysuits. And yes, we do need the drysuites. You have no idea how thin your blood can get when the summer temps are 115 and above.

This boat has the monsoon and prop that says 537, should I still be looking at the 1235?

Welcome, I'd checkout the OJ 468 if you load up the boat w/ stock ballast wedge and 6+ people. If you like to cruise I'd say the 1235 may be a bit better suited for that.

Very nice, congratulations. I'd like to point out that I'm a little envious that you have green grass and I've still got 3 feet of snow.

I have to agree with Kingfish here!!! Although when our grass is nice and green, yours tends to be brown!!

Nice boat, and welcome to the crew!!

Welcome.gif and congratulations on a great looking boat. My brother has been looking for a 23 LSV 04, 05, or 06, since Aug 08. He has been watching all the web based sites, has made a few offers nothing that has stuck. What or how did you find this gem? Local? Or did you have to travel to pick it up. Everyone says inventory is at an all time high, prices are falling. My brother is not trying to pin someones ears back, he is looking for a good boat at a fair market prices. A lot of the folks that are selling must not need to sell because. a) They have been on the market for long periods of time, and B) no room for price negotiation due to the fact

" Our price reflects a price reduction due to a down market not more room". How did you find the boat shopping experiences in this down market. Any suggestions, what worked best for you? Again great boat. Thanks for any insight or direction.

Welcome.gif and congratulations on a great looking boat. My brother has been looking for a 23 LSV 04, 05, or 06, since Aug 08. He has been watching all the web based sites, has made a few offers nothing that has stuck. What or how did you find this gem? Local? Or did you have to travel to pick it up. Everyone says inventory is at an all time high, prices are falling. My brother is not trying to pin someones ears back, he is looking for a good boat at a fair market prices. A lot of the folks that are selling must not need to sell because. a) They have been on the market for long periods of time, and B) no room for price negotiation due to the fact

" Our price reflects a price reduction due to a down market not more room". How did you find the boat shopping experiences in this down market. Any suggestions, what worked best for you? Again great boat. Thanks for any insight or direction.

I started looking into Malibu's since the boat show in AZ in Feb. After I saw what a new 08 was going for I looked at at several sites to see what was available. I checked boattrader.com, www.onlyinboards.com and the classifieds of wakeborder.com and this site. Finally I was browsing Malibus on Craigslist and saw this boat. 06 with only 64 hours sounded good. So I went to go check it out and made an Low offer, 40k. The owner declined but two days later he called and asked if I could bump up a tiny bit. I said I could do $1k more and I he agreed to the price. I had all my money and financing ready to go and I think that helped the seller jump on my offer. I think in this case the owner was not really sure what he had. For instance I have found 2 fatsacks and pumps in the storage compartments and this guy said he never added any additional weight. The owner also through in two wakeboards, one being a RONIX that I am very excited to try out.

I started looking into Malibu's since the boat show in AZ in Feb. After I saw what a new 08 was going for I looked at at several sites to see what was available. I checked boattrader.com, www.onlyinboards.com and the classifieds of wakeborder.com and this site. Finally I was browsing Malibus on Craigslist and saw this boat. 06 with only 64 hours sounded good. So I went to go check it out and made an Low offer, 40k. The owner declined but two days later he called and asked if I could bump up a tiny bit. I said I could do $1k more and I he agreed to the price. I had all my money and financing ready to go and I think that helped the seller jump on my offer. I think in this case the owner was not really sure what he had. For instance I have found 2 fatsacks and pumps in the storage compartments and this guy said he never added any additional weight. The owner also through in two wakeboards, one being a RONIX that I am very excited to try out.

Sounds like an awesome find. Care to send any of that luck this way? Drool.gif

Well done, thanks for the help. Have a great up coming season on the water. Again congratulation on a great find.