Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

hull chart

Chia

well, have to admit I did not see that link, but this is not the chart I am looking for. There used to be one that was more of a chart than a listing.

We took the old one down & combined it with the new database. Sorry for the confusion. FWIW, there were actually some inaccuracies in the old one.

Just so you know.

A 2000 WS VLX has a 33 gal. tank. I verified this by looking at the actual sticker on the tank, running the boat completely out of gas and then re-filling, AND, calling 'Bu to confirm they made a mistake.

Man, I wish I had a 38 gal. tank, then I wouldn't have run out of gas!

Think of it this way - the Diamond hull originally came out on the Response, right? Then the following year they came out with the Sunsetter LXI, which is 1'8" longer & 3.5" wider, so basically for us laymen, they stretched it. It's still a Diamond hull, but a stretched version of the original that the Response came on. The Wake hull has evolved in much the same manner.

Think of it this way - the Diamond hull originally came out on the Response, right?  Then the following year they came out with the Sunsetter LXI, which is 1'8" longer & 3.5" wider, so basically for us laymen, they stretched it.  It's still a Diamond hull, but a stretched version of the original that the Response came on.  The Wake hull has evolved in much the same manner.

The Sunsetter Lxi is 1' 8" longer than the Response, but I believe has the exact same "wetted" surface, and the 3.5" width is above waterline also. At least that's what I've been told.