Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyplace to buy a replacement MEFI 2 ECU other than dealer?

Lots of google searches and phone calls and I've totally struck out on a place to buy a replacement ECU other than the dealer for $1K.

Anyone have any other spots to check?

What about one of the services that remanufactures or rebuilds them? I know you can get the automotive ones rebuilt for about $250. You could call "ecudirect.com" and find out from them.

-Dave

What about one of the services that remanufactures or rebuilds them? I know you can get the automotive ones rebuilt for about $250. You could call "ecudirect.com" and find out from them.

-Dave

there is a place in AZ that reflashes them, i forget the name but they do a ton of go-fast boats

if you have a part #, give it to me

I doubt you will find an indmar ecu anywhere but an indmar dealer...

Well to be fair MEFI ECU's are made by GM and used in lots of applications. But the MEFI 2 is outdated these days. I will have to find the PN.

I doubt you will find an indmar ecu anywhere but an indmar dealer...

Well to be fair MEFI ECU's are made by GM and used in lots of applications. But the MEFI 2 is outdated these days. I will have to find the PN.

well give me year and hp and i will try to find a part number

Delphi makes the controller, but Indmar modifies the controller for their needs and writes the software for the ECU so it is Indmar specific.

I don't think your going to find it anyplace else other than a Malibu/Indmar dealer. I bet that 1K is for a rebuilt unit too since those controllers haven't been used since 2001.

E-mail or PM me with your engine serial number and i can find out what i can do to help.

Good luck with your search

-Paul

Hey guys,

I've been working 12-14 hour days for a while now so I haven't had much time to get to the boat let alone check this post. I've decided that water time is the most important thing and given how much I've been working I just want my boat back in running condition. The girlfriend is supposed to be dropping the boat off at the "local" (77miles away lol) dealer.

I just checked for one of our customers, MEFI 2 in his 99' was going to run $1100 from Indmar. Cry.gif

ECM's do not like, Low Voltage, High Voltage, High Heat & reversing polarity (hooking battery terminals up back wards)

-Paul