Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 RLXi boom - info

martho

I am going to buy a boom for the RLXi in short order.

I know about the Beemans and the extension.

Is there anyone else using something else on their 06 RLXi?

I did a search for RLXi and Boom with minimal info returned.

Thanks!

I've got the BI boom with extension. Works great, very sturdy, but is a bit heavy. Also, the specific stock boom from BI that fits RLxi will only work off the passenger's side. It will not work on the drivers side. You will also need the extension....otherwise you'll be riding in spray. Just something to consider.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the ECI boom on a Beeman mount. If I had it to do over, I would go Beeman all the way. Not sure if the Beeman was available when I got mine, though.

/Steve

Boom arrived on Friday. It has been assembled and is mostly ready to go. I need to get the boat out of the garage on a warmer day so I can make sure the cable length is correct. With the extension, I'm sure the cable will need some adjusting to make it the correct length. I will wait and see.