Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

hours on new boat

ricnvic

How many hours did evryone put on their boat the first year? We got or boat May 12th this year and I have 106 hrs. already. Is this average?

For someone who lives like 20 minutes from the lake in a warm weather state...yeah, that's probably about average. How late in the season will you use it? If you hit 200 1st year...that would be impressive. Biggrin.gif

I do about 100/year but I ski behind other boats at least as much as I ski behind mine. :)

We got our boat in October, used it for 3 weeks and then put it away until April. We bought it with 430 hours and now it has 499.9 hours on it. Thats not bad considering we used it only twice in april and may.

For someone who lives like 20 minutes from the lake in a warm weather state...yeah, that's probably about average.  How late in the season will you use it?  If you hit 200 1st year...that would be impressive. Biggrin.gif

I do about 100/year but I ski behind other boats at least as much as I ski behind mine. :)

I will use it as long as mother nature lets me, hopefully till octber. I have the ski boat and my friend has the house boat so we are always in my boat. I think that 10 of the hrs. are from driving in and out of the long 5 mph zones getting to the houseboat.

I got mine in late October and put 7 hours on immediately. We didn't start til Memorial weekend and I'm now at 83 hours. :) My goal is 100 hours and I think we will hit it.

I think that 10 of the hrs. are from driving in and out of the long 5 mph zones getting to the houseboat.

No doubt. I can't believe the expanse of the "No Wake Zones" on Oroville. Shocking.gif It took longer to get from Loafer Creek Ramp through all the moored HB's to open water than it did to get to Potter Ravine where the BuCrew HB's were. That's a lot of time at idle.

We put 210 hours on our '02 promo boat in the first year. We picked it up in April and took delivery of the '03 in November of the same year. The '03 now has about 310 hours on it, including about 150 the first year. This is over a ski season from about the 1st of March to the 1st of December. The boat is usually on the water between 4 and 5 days a week from May to September.

Geez. Here I am thinking that I was really racking up the hours and then I read this. Thanks for bursting my bubble! Cry.gif We usually only get out on weekends and have been at it since Memorial day and have 44 hours on the boat. I will say this though, we have enjoyed every minute of that 44 hours!

We have 65 or so since we picked her up on April 9th. My CFO thinks we've been at the lake TONS this year, but maybe I need to get her to check out this thread to see how much "worse" it could be! Biggrin.gif

Dang goochy, I'm envious!

We took delivery March 31, 2004. We put right about 100 hours in the first year & we built a house that summer. Right now we're sitting at about 180 total. Our goal this year was 150, but our spring & early summer here was so horrible from a weather standpoint that we didn't really put that much time in until mid-July. I don't think that we'll hit 150 (especially since we may be boatless for a couple of weeks waiting for the new boat), but we may hit 120ish. I'm hoping for an "extended summer". :)

Dang goochy, I'm envious!

We took delivery March 31, 2004.  We put right about 100 hours in the first year & we built a house that summer.  Right now we're sitting at about 180 total.  Our goal this year was 150, but our spring & early summer here was so horrible from a weather standpoint that we didn't really put that much time in until mid-July.  I don't think that we'll hit 150 (especially since we may be boatless for a couple of weeks waiting for the new boat), but we may hit 120ish.  I'm hoping for an "extended summer".  :)

A perspective buyer then??

I doubt we'll have it by this time next week.  We've had a lot of inquiries already.

Sweet in a way...I'm sure Mike will have ya covered for some pulls.

Haha, the guy that wants it & is working on his financing for it lives in Redding. I'm hoping (okay this is probably a pipe dream) that he doesn't come get it right away. :)