Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

seeking help and advice 84 cruiser

66mstgfsbk

im thinking of buying a 84 30? i/o 20 foot open bow bu. found one stored in a "barn" with 200 original hours and perfect paint just soft floors. looking for info on wiring diagrams, engine manuals, just any help. i will have to replace the floor and need to be pointed in the right direction on what type of plywood and foam to use. is it better for myself to replace or have a shop do it. i have race car fabrication skills but not much boat rebuilding know how, but got a buddy whos a carpenter. also where can i buy the items i live in san francisco bay area. any help is greatly appreciated. sorry for asking so much on a first post.

im thinking of buying a 84 30? i/o 20 foot open bow bu. found one stored in a "barn" with 200 original hours and perfect paint just soft floors. looking for info on wiring diagrams, engine manuals, just any help. i will have to replace the floor and need to be pointed in the right direction on what type of plywood and foam to use. is it better for myself to replace or have a shop do it. i have race car fabrication skills but not much boat rebuilding know how, but got a buddy whos a carpenter. also where can i buy the items i live in san francisco bay area. any help is greatly appreciated. sorry for asking so much on a first post.

I'd recommend posting this over on iboats.com's forums. There are a bunch of guys over there with a lot of experiance in i/o ebuilding boat. I am sure some guys here can chime in as well, just recommending an additional source of info for your project. Before you spend time working on the floors i would check the motor and drive... an old boat can eat through a wad of cash before it ever sees water. It's hard to know if the motor was winterized... or prep'ed for long term storage. In fact i would say that more hours on the motor would be better in this case... motor's don't like to sit around. Not tryign to get you down... just recommending a few things to check before you dig into this and find out it's going to 1000's of $$$ just to get an old boat running.

Welcome to TMC. You'll have to post some pics of your 66 'stang before this proceeds any further. Tease2.gif

Seriously, did Malibu (Merced) make such a boat? There is also a Malibu manufacturer in Canada that makes I/Os. http://www.malibuboats.ca/

Welcome to TMC. You'll have to post some pics of your 66 'stang before this proceeds any further. Tease2.gif

Seriously, did Malibu (Merced) make such a boat? There is also a Malibu manufacturer in Canada that makes I/Os. http://www.malibuboats.ca/

I was thinking the same thing! Maybe someone with more experience will chime in soon :)