Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

spring vacation

decker1

Hello malibu crew,

I just signed up for malibu crew today. Live in Northern Ohio. Would like to pull the boat south to get an early start to the summer. Anyone Know how far I'll have to go In April to find warmer water. Or any lakes that are a must ski. Maybe stop and tour the malibu factory on the way.

thanks a lot

the deckers

Hello malibu crew,

I just signed up for malibu crew today. Live in Northern Ohio. Would like to pull the boat south to get an early start to the summer. Anyone Know how far I'll have to go In April to find warmer water. Or any lakes that are a must ski. Maybe stop and tour the malibu factory on the way.

thanks a lot

the deckers

Hello there and welcome to the board! :werule:

As far as lakes in the spring - I'm right with you! We live in western PA and will be anxiously awaiting the spring thaw (this will be our first year with our Malibu). I'm hoping to have the boat back in the water in April. Not sure what the water temp will be, but I think it will be time to try out the dry suit! Whistling.gif I think I'll have to log this years water temps on my new Bu Crew calender so I'll have something to go off of next year. Heck - it might even be cool to throw them into Excel to watch the "global warming trend" since it has been so warm this winter. ROFL.gif So far this year our monthly average temps have been 10 degrees colder!

I live in Augusta, GA and we usually hit the lake in early April w/ water temps 60-70 degrees. However, our lake (Strom Thurmond) is very low and not very usable right now. Lake Murray, near Columbia, SC is on about the same longitude as Augusta, GA and it is full.

I think you would need to come as far south as southern SC or GA if you want to hit the water in March or April. If you want water in February I would consider southern FL.

Hello malibu crew,

thanks a lot

the deckers

Hello there and welcome to the board! :werule:

As far as lakes in the spring - I'm right with you! We live in western PA and will be anxiously awaiting the spring thaw (this will be our first year with our Malibu). I'm hoping to have the boat back in the water in April. Not sure what the water temp will be, but I think it will be time to try out the dry suit! Whistling.gif I think I'll have to log this years water temps on my new Bu Crew calender so I'll have something to go off of next year. Heck - it might even be cool to throw them into Excel to watch the "global warming trend" since it has been so warm this winter. ROFL.gif So far this year our monthly average temps have been 10 degrees colder!

Welcome.gif I am in central Mich and have had the boat in the water and skiing no later than April 15. My records only go back to 99. Oh ya we are in the dry suits. The best skiing up here is early year and late year. Its fun to hit the water with the one or two fishermen are in winter clothing. I cant count the number of times people stop on the road or come out of the house and ask if everything is OK. :lol:
Hello malibu crew,

thanks a lot

the deckers

Lake Anna, VA...water never gets below 70 and there is a ski course setup...sometimes.

PA water temp is generally 50's, but we are out and Welcome.

Not sure how far south you want to go but I would recommend Elvis Presley Lake in Tupelo, MS. It’s surrounded by a state park with a campground but there are plenty of hotels as well. The Tenn-Tom waterway (also in MS) can be like glass because of the high banks blocking the wind.