Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Has anyone slalom ski behind 07 VTX W/ Wake hall?

jordan

Has anyone done any slalom ski behind 07 VTX W/ Wake hall? THe malibu dealer tells me it will be fine and no need to get a cut diamond hall if the price is great on the boat .Others have said I will be flying off the wake and it is way to large.. Anyone tried and liked or disliked?

Has anyone done any slalom ski behind 07 VTX W/ Wake hall? THe malibu dealer tells me it will be fine and no need to get a cut diamond hall if the price is great on the boat .Others have said I will be flying off the wake and it is way to large.. Anyone tried and liked or disliked?

I have not personally skied behind my vtx i dont ski. But i do have a few friends that ski behind my boat that say the wake is great. Again i have no experience myself but they love it as long as we dont get to many people in it.

Haven't skied behind a VTX but one trick you can use if you find the wake to big is to ski 15' off. That is what I do behind my VLX (diamond cut hull) and I also make sure I am going at least 32 mph. Otherwise the wake can get a little big if you are cutting hard. My advice is to make sure you ski behind it before you buy it otherwise you may be disappointed. One mans comfort zone can be another mans nightmare. JMO

W.L. :)

I have a 2007 VTX With the wake hull, both my sister and I ski (but i mainly wakeboard) but both of us are in love with the wake when skiing. Once the boat is going over 28mph the wake turns flat, and looks like DD wake. The VTX in my opinion is by far the most versatile V Drive out there. Creates a huge perfect wake for wakeboarding and flattens out to nothing when hitting a certain speed for skiing. You can really have the best of both worlds with the VTX. Also the handling of the VTX is phenomenal. It drives better than my 2001 DD Tige 20i i had 2 seasons ago hands down.