Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover Advise re: Color..is black too hot?

davemac

Hey,

I'm thinking of possibly getting a (Evolution or Rankin) cover this Spring for my RLXI. It seems that the "group buys" often require the cover to be black. The last time I uncovered a boat w/ a black cover (on a seasonable, sunny day), it was ridiculously HOT underneath!!

Aside from looking good and hiding dirt, am I missing something here about the benefits of black- or isn't something lighter (ie. gray) more practical?

TIA

DMac

My last malibu had a grey cover and on hot days I thought it was hot in the boat. My current Malibu has a black cover. I haven't noticed a difference. On hot days, both covers cause the boat to be just as hot. JMHO

I have a black cover & yea, it's hot underneath the cover on a hot day (100+ degrees around here). The benefit is that nothing can live in there at all, ie; bugs, cats, etc.

It doesn't take more than a minute or two to cool off when I pull the cover off.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky