Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MaliView option-yes or no?

Face Plant

Question:

How important is the MaliView? For me wakesurfing is #1 and wakebording is #2. Given the opportunity, would you choose this option or pass?

Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks

why else would you get an '09?

Plus1.gif

I would wait at least one year to make sure they have all the bugs worked out, there will be some complaints and upgrades that will need to be made I guaranty it! But if you are buying an 09' I wouldn't buy one without it :)

Forgot to mention that I have found an 08 that is on the top of my list and with the huge discounts/offers/service ECT. that is avaiable, it's almost hard to pass up. MaliView has alot other cool features but I just not sure if it is a to die for option. Sounds crazy I know?

Forgot to mention that I have found an 08 that is on the top of my list and with the huge discounts/offers/service ECT. that is avaiable, it's almost hard to pass up. MaliView has alot other cool features but I just not sure if it is a to die for option. Sounds crazy I know?

Not really, anytime new software comes out it always has some kind of defect that is not analyzed in production conditions so it's very common to have recalls. Not really an issue if you have a good dealer, but I would like to see it on the market for a year to see what people have to say about it before I would go out of my way to purchase a boat with it. That is just my thoughts.

Not really, anytime new software comes out it always has some kind of defect that is not analyzed in production conditions so it's very common to have recalls. Not really an issue if you have a good dealer, but I would like to see it on the market for a year to see what people have to say about it before I would go out of my way to purchase a boat with it. That is just my thoughts.

So true. This is the single reason why we bought an 08 and not an 09

Like the Iphone...

Wonder if MaliView (or some form f equal can be added at a later date???

Malivue can be easily updated via a USB drive... so even if they find a bug you can get your 09 updated.

Can an 08 be updated to Malivue.... Sure.. if you throw enough money at your boat and replace enought parts then of course it can be done, but it's not pracitical mainly due to the fact that the engine CPU is new for 09 and the new CPU is required for Malivue... so you would end up replacing all the engine cpu related stuff (yikes!) and of course you would need a new dashboard. So... it seems clear that it would less expensive to trade in an 08 and buy an 09 vs trying to upgrade an 08.

With that said... i have an 08 and i love it... I wish i had Malivue but thats only because i am a geek and i like the idea of new technology. Not having Malivue does not make my boat any less capable or less fun.:).

Malivue can be easily updated via a USB drive... so even if they find a bug you can get your 09 updated.

Can an 08 be updated to Malivue.... Sure.. if you throw enough money at your boat and replace enought parts then of course it can be done, but it's not pracitical mainly due to the fact that the engine CPU is new for 09 and the new CPU is required for Malivue... so you would end up replacing all the engine cpu related stuff (yikes!) and of course you would need a new dashboard. So... it seems clear that it would less expensive to trade in an 08 and buy an 09 vs trying to upgrade an 08.

With that said... i have an 08 and i love it... I wish i had Malivue but thats only because i am a geek and i like the idea of new technology. Not having Malivue does not make my boat any less capable or less fun.:).

Informative-Thanks. No CPU changing for me thats for sure. Technology is good, gadgets and widgets are good but I never use half of them on other things. I like simple tried and trusted things that dont require to many buttons. I need to think this through and when I demo some boats next week this should help me decide.

Pending on the swing in money, I would surely opt for Maliview if I could, but not if your talkin big $$$$ difference. I asked my dealer if they could upgrade my 08 and equip it with maliview and they said no way:(

If you are going to get an 09, Malivue for sure. The depth finder option is around $500.00 and the Malivue has it built in. Turns your 1200 option into a 700 option (if you wanted a depth finder of course).

If you are going to get an 09, Malivue for sure. The depth finder option is around $500.00 and the Malivue has it built in. Turns your 1200 option into a 700 option (if you wanted a depth finder of course).

I thought the option was more like $2,100.+? Maybe I read it wrong. I dont have the option price list. Yes, depth finder is a must for me.

Did you customer order your boat?

I thought the option was more like $2,100.+? Maybe I read it wrong. I dont have the option price list. Yes, depth finder is a must for me.

Did you customer order your boat?

Not yet. Thinking about purchasing when the boat show rolls around. Maybe they uped the price but when we priced it out originally it was a $1,200 option

I spent about 15 minutes playing around with it at the Milwaukee Boat Show with one of the reps. As mentioned above, it only works with the eControls ECM, so it's essentially not an option to add it to a 2008. For a buoy chaser it doesn't really make sense IMHO, but if I was a wakeboarder or surfer I'd definitely do it. I was pretty freakin' cool. Funny this is... one of the MC guys was ripping on it, but the Malibu dealer here said the CC and MC reps spent a good 15-30 minutes playing around with it before I was over there.

Mike

I spent about 15 minutes playing around with it at the Milwaukee Boat Show with one of the reps. As mentioned above, it only works with the eControls ECM, so it's essentially not an option to add it to a 2008. For a buoy chaser it doesn't really make sense IMHO, but if I was a wakeboarder or surfer I'd definitely do it. I was pretty freakin' cool. Funny this is... one of the MC guys was ripping on it, but the Malibu dealer here said the CC and MC reps spent a good 15-30 minutes playing around with it before I was over there.

Mike

I'm going to play with one on Wednesday and look forward to it. Is Malibu with it's Maliview that much farther ahead of the other brands? Correct me if I'm worng-other brands do not seem to have anything remotely close to the MaliView.

liquidsx has it right. when you account for the fact that it already has the depth finder module, the upcharge to go with malivue in an 09 is about $700. I went for it in my 2009, but i haven't even put my boat in the water yet so i can't give an report as to its functionality. Initially I was concerned about bugs as some have mentioned, but I think the technology should be a pretty easy fix as long as its a software issue. I'm just wondering if they'd ever be able to put a navigation feature on it

Mike

I also got to play around with one at the Austin show and it was very cool. I bought an 08 for the same reasons you are considering an 08, but if I was buying an 09 I would definitely have to have it :)

As an aside. Don't forget that the 09 vlx is on a different hull than the 08's so if it is the vlx you are looking at be sure to test drive both. If I was buying an 09 I would definetely get the Malivue as this will probably become a standard on most high end brands within a few years and will make for easier resale, not to mention it is pretty cool.

W.L. Thumbup.gif