Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

biggest wake

badluck

X-Star with about 4k over stock. It seriously took skill to slow the boat down without water coming into the boat over the back deck. No skill was needed to clear the wake however.

X-Star with about 4k over stock. It seriously took skill to slow the boat down without water coming into the boat over the back deck. No skill was needed to clear the wake however.

IIRC the X-Star (1,000 lbs.) has less onboard ballast than the VLX (1,250 Lbs.).

Biggest wake I ever saw was from my friends trophy fishing boat when he forgot to put the plug in and we were trying to get back to the dock because he left the plug in the truck :) does that count Whistling.gif

Biggest wake I ever saw was from my friends trophy fishing boat when he forgot to put the plug in and we were trying to get back to the dock because he left the plug in the truck :) does that count Whistling.gif

Haha - that sucks!!

I remember the first time I let me wife launch the boat I forgot to tell her she had to put the plug in the boat. It had fallen off the ignition switch and was laying at her feet. I thought she put it in and she thought I put it in. She pulled off the trailer and I went and parked the truck. As I walked back to the dock I saw the bilge water pumping through the side of the hull. I'm thinking - "that's weird this boat never has water in the bildge and we just laun"............OH CRAP - get the boat to the dock!!!!!!! The plug isn't in!!!!!!!!!!!! The boat is sinking!!! (should have seen her face! ROFL.gif ) She panicked and missed the dock - luckily my buddy was in the boat and pulled the motor cover up and put the plug in. Our bilge pump kept up pretty well and we only had about 5 inches in the bilge.

This is a shot of my son behind Nick Wienackers boat in Orlando Florida. Tige 24VE with 1200# of lead, 1200# of loose bags and 1000# of factory ballast plus people.

Florida

Edited by Kingfish

Here is the pic that started it all...on WW. I ride with 2200-2500lbs so I don't have anything that comes close.

I was fairly certain that other pic has been posted before.

dean.jpg

Nope - thats the WW VLX slammed with 5000 lbs of ballast! The wake is sick!!! It truely is a halfpipe of water. Rockon.gif

which engine does that boat have??

HH not sure on prop

^^^photoshopped would be my guess

That picture has literally been around for years & it is a PS job. I'm not going to search for it, but I actually saw a thread at one point where the person that did the mock up posted both the original version along with the edited version above. It's roughly half that size in the original pic IIRC.

Second wakegirl...total photochop.

The WW boat was loaded pretty heavy from what I read.

There are also some pics and video floating around of Jimmy Wolf and Mckee riding out in AZ behind a Yacht, and a Camo Bu in TX that's got some pretty serious weight in it....See pic from TX bu.

post-961-1233007308_thumb.jpg

at the wakeboard camp in flo-rida.

10 people full stock balast in an 07 V ride including centre tank. 1000 bag (may have been a 750?) on the floor. 450 in the walkthrough and a triangle bag in the bow and random lead bars around the boat... freakin huge! wish i took a photo but i was too busy watching all the crew go massive riding at about 24-26mph. would hate to think of the gas required to get the thing out of the hole.