Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

checking phone # Chee

Placed a call to Chee to order some new Skins, just now. The number I have is 209-564-6202 is this the correct phone number to get in touch with Chee? The voice mail box for this number did not have a messages stating you have reached Chee leave a messages. Just checking to make sure I am using the right number to get this rolling with Chee. Thanks for the help.

Monk

Edited by Monk

FYI: Just got off the phone with Chee number is correct. Got all the information on skin prices and mailing address to send the check. Nice guy.

Just Curious what much does new skins cost?

His quote was for the whole boat $1300.00. Just for the back seat and engine cover $420.00. He said it will be more expensive to do one or two skins at a time because of all the wasted vinyl. No idea as to how much it will be to get them installed.

You will spend another $1000 easy getting them installed. It is not had to do yourself but you will need an air compressor, pneumatic upholstrey gun, stainless staples and about a hour of time on the internet learning how to fold corners and staple corners. You can cut the cost by removing all the old staples so that the upholsterer only has to put on the new skin. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SKINS REINSTALLED WITH STAINLESS STAPLES not monel, not galvanized.

Personally I think it is very direspectful toward Chee's service he provides for people to be qouting what it costs to have skins made. It is best to privately PM this info in the future

You will spend another $1000 easy getting them installed. It is not had to do yourself but you will need an air compressor, pneumatic upholstrey gun, stainless staples and about a hour of time on the internet learning how to fold corners and staple corners. You can cut the cost by removing all the old staples so that the upholsterer only has to put on the new skin. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SKINS REINSTALLED WITH STAINLESS STAPLES not monel, not galvanized.

Personally I think it is very direspectful toward Chee's service he provides for people to be qouting what it costs to have skins made. It is best to privately PM this info in the future

Ha Murphy8166: Thanks for all the advise regarding the installation of the skins once I get them. Sorry if you thought I was disrespectful to Chee for posting the price he quoted me for replacement skins. I was just trying to help a fellow Crew member. The last thing I was trying to do was show any disrespect to Chee. Or was it my intent to place Chee in a bad spot. I did not understand his prices quoted to me had to be kept confidential. At no time did he ask me to keep these prices to myself. If this is an unwritten rule my mistake. I have been reading a lot of information on this site over the years and must have missed that morsel. My thought was if you would like to get original skins from Malibu Chee is Malibu's representative to get this type of pricing to customers. More to the point I thought a 1995 skin for a back seat is the same price for everyone across the board. I did not understand I was passing along any proprietary pricing. If in fact this was "Very Disrespectful" Let me be very clear I apologize to Chee and to everyone on the Crew. It was not done to be disrespectful to anyone. Again my apologies.

Monk

I really don't see how that was disrespect. It is like me telling someone the malibu dealership told me 800 for a ronix board and bindings. No disrespect to you but I am a business owner and I believe it is consumers that need to help each other with this info. It all goes back to the malibu discussion for posting prices.

I give a normal honda accord four door tint job for 350.00. My winter prices I will do it for 280.00. I dont care who knows cause I make the rules as Malibu does. When someone says something about pricing I tell them it was a winter specail or that guy was my friend or he was a repeat customer. Pricing for something is no secret. I am sure there is no waste of vinyl. White can be used on another persons cushion just the same as on your cushion. I am sure if he works for Malibu there are set prices. So no there is no disrespect. Also it is not his cost to make them(that would be a secret), IT IS THE SALE PRICE.

This wasn't meant to offend anyone but in todays society you never know who will take things the wrong way. So here are my appologies beforehand. Dontknow.gif

I really don't see how that was disrespect. It is like me telling someone the malibu dealership told me 800 for a ronix board and bindings. No disrespect to you but I am a business owner and I believe it is consumers that need to help each other with this info. It all goes back to the malibu discussion for posting prices.

I give a normal honda accord four door tint job for 350.00. My winter prices I will do it for 280.00. I dont care who knows cause I make the rules as Malibu does. When someone says something about pricing I tell them it was a winter specail or that guy was my friend or he was a repeat customer. Pricing for something is no secret. I am sure there is no waste of vinyl. White can be used on another persons cushion just the same as on your cushion. I am sure if he works for Malibu there are set prices. So no there is no disrespect. Also it is not his cost to make them(that would be a secret), IT IS THE SALE PRICE.

This wasn't meant to offend anyone but in todays society you never know who will take things the wrong way. So here are my appologies beforehand. Dontknow.gif

Rockon.gif:thankyou:

• 4 months later...

Just got my skins done and the guy used galvanized staples. I just read the earlier post by Monk and am very upset with my upholstery guy. So..... what can I expect from my new skins with galvanized staples.

• 1 month later...

I would like to respectfully disagree with it being disrespectful to quote prices for reupholstering a boat. It is a huge expense and we folks that are needing to get it done want to know what it's going to cost. I have a local guy that said he would charge me $350 just to make the two rear seat skins (not installed). I now know that Chee will charge me $450 to do both rear seat skins, the observer seat bottom, and the bow seat bottom for $450 or the whole boat for $1100.

I can now make an intelligent decision on whether I want 1) a local guy that knows nothing about Malibu boats to do it for more money than Chee or 2) have Chee do it and get the latest high-quality vinyl and stitching learned from years of experience making it for ski boats. Hey, and I know it will fit like a glove!

Wood

Just got my skins done and the guy used galvanized staples. I just read the earlier post by Monk and am very upset with my upholstery guy. So..... what can I expect from my new skins with galvanized staples.

More COWBELL!

Just Curious what much does new skins cost?

His quote was for the whole boat $1300.00. Just for the back seat and engine cover $420.00. He said it will be more expensive to do one or two skins at a time because of all the wasted vinyl. No idea as to how much it will be to get them installed.

I have a 95 ss as well, Chee did mine and his work was top notch but the first drivers seat skin he made was for a different seat than what I had. To make a long story short, they had two completely different driver seats on the 95's, so make sure he gives you the right one. I really only needed the back seat, but since my vinyl pattern was discontinued, I had him do the whole boat and it was totally worth it.