Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Big Air

Foil-n

Wow man, that's super cool. :)

At a local wakeboard tournament last weekend they had a sky-ski demo rider go off between rounds. The height and smoothless was amazing. I gotta try one of those!

Since we've got all the TMC foilers here, I've got a question.

Anyone got a Cinch max belt? Do you like it? Would it go on an air chair seat?

Since we've got all the TMC foilers here, I've got a question.

Anyone got a Cinch max belt? Do you like it? Would it go on an air chair seat?

I do, two of my Skyski's are fully "CinchedOut". I have seen the Cinchmax on Air Chairs advertised so I bet there is one for it. Are you still using the belt with a buckle latch?

Just call Lonnie at Cinchmax

CINCH Hydrofoil Products

62250 Bayou Road

Plaquemine, LA 70764 USA

(voice) 225.659.2280

www.cinchmax.com

[email protected]

Wow, that is impressive. It also reminds me of the tower contraption we saw on Lake Austin about a month ago. It was a Tige 22v and on top of the normal tower was this extension that went up another 12 feet or so. It was cabled down to the front and even had a banner that looked like a sail. The foilers behind this thing were going huge. Surprised.gif Next time I see it I will get some pics.

That's incredible! It looks like he's using a second boat wake to add extra pop?

Can someone explain the "frames" method of measuring?

Also, do they have set speeds for contests in foils or does everyone choose their own? What would you think is the average speed for the pros?

Wow, that is impressive.  It also reminds me of the tower contraption we saw on Lake Austin about a month ago.  It was a Tige 22v and on top of the normal tower was this extension that went up another 12 feet or so.  It was cabled down to the front and even had a banner that looked like a sail.  The foilers behind this thing were going huge.  Surprised.gif  Next time I see it I will get some pics.

That thing has been available for some time now, I just can't remember the name of it offhand.

That's incredible! It looks like he's using a second boat wake to add extra pop?

I read elsewhere that he did indeed use a second boat for the jump at the NW Fly-In.

I believe it is how many video frames are shot from the moment of takeoff until landing.  Go to www.foilfreaks.com for a more complete explanation.

Also, do they have set speeds for contests in foils or does everyone choose their own?

The contest involved here is a simple contest set up by the person who runs FoilFreaks.com.  In this competition, just about anything goes.....

What would you think is the average speed for the pros?

Totally a guess but I would suspect 28-35mph...

That thing has been available for some time now, I just can't remember the name of it offhand.

I believe it is called an "Air Sling".

Thanks for the answers guys.

BTW, I'm chairing at 25 mph right now.

I'm trying to figure out the relationship to 'pop' due to the angle of the rear wing (using a dime currently) and speed derived pop.

Any input?

Also, do they have set speeds for contests in foils or does everyone choose their own? What would you think is the average speed for the pros?

Most Video cameras shoot film at 30 frames per second, so he is in the air for a full two seconds.

I was running along side taking vid from a third boat, when I get that on the computer I will get it on our site so you can see how he is actually landing in the prop wash of the other boat, not the one he is getting pulled behind!

Wow, that is impressive.  It also reminds me of the tower contraption we saw on Lake Austin about a month ago.  It was a Tige 22v and on top of the normal tower was this extension that went up another 12 feet or so.  It was cabled down to the front and even had a banner that looked like a sail.  The foilers behind this thing were going huge.   Surprised.gif   Next time I see it I will get some pics.

You mean the Stiffy Tower...

stiffy%20tower.jpg

I'm trying to figure out the relationship to 'pop' due to the angle of the rear wing (using a dime currently) and speed derived pop.

Any input?

I asked one of the guys at Comptech about using the dime. He suggested that the performance of the foil was dependent on water depth, temperature, and even other less defined characteristics. I know that we have some marked color differences in water here in Kentucky - Dale Hollow for example has a bluish-gray cast is clear to about 10-12 feet down where other lakes in the area have a more green cast with about 5 ft of clarity. I'm not good enough on the foil to tell the difference in water characteristics but this guy seemed to imply that they adjust the foil depending on which lake or what portion of the season they're in.