Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Picture of Glove box with shock

Bake's Marine

I'm looking for a picture of a Malibu Boats glove box with the gas shock that holds the door up. This was the "drop in glove box" style that layed flat.

If you can post a picture or e-mail to [email protected] that would be a big help!

Thanks! Biggrin.gif

-Paul

This would be a nice upgrade so the latch doesn't rest on the seat (if that is where this is going) and so people don't keep slamming the door (especially on the thick heavy alum billet ones)

I would be interested in any mod. that someone makes Thumbup.gif

This would be a nice upgrade so the latch doesn't rest on the seat (if that is where this is going) and so people don't keep slamming the door (especially on the thick heavy alum billet ones)

That is what we are working on, trying to get the billet door mounted on a gas shock... i will post some pictures if we figure something out.

That's why I'm after pictures of the old glove box to see how it was done...

-Paul

That is what we are working on, trying to get the billet door mounted on a gas shock... i will post some pictures if we figure something out.

That's why I'm after pictures of the old glove box to see how it was done...

-Paul

Thumbup.gif

Just trying to help W/O pics.

I have a 2000 WS that has the flat glove box. Basically, there are two of these, one is mounted to the forward vertical wall inside the box, the other is mounted to the underside of the glove box door and the gas shock connects the two. Hope it helps.

Any other pictures of your glove box with a strut attached? Looking for some ideas how to strut up a billet glove box door on the 05-08 generation glove boxes.

Thanks!

Paul

Sounds like a good article for the resources section. :)

Biggrin.gif That might just have to happen! This glove box shock modification and the extra LED lights in the Malibu/Wakesetter interior emblems would be a good one too.

-Paul

here is a pic of mine.hope it helps :)

firstoutingmay08030-1.jpg

Perfect, Thank you!!

I'm going to install gas shocks on my transom tilt-up back-rest seat (similar to observers back-rest). Tired of holding it up with my head while I'm accessing the gas tank or other items behind it.

here is a pic of mine.hope it helps :)

firstoutingmay08030-1.jpg

Perfect, Thank you!!

I'm going to install gas shocks on my transom tilt-up back-rest seat (similar to observers back-rest). Tired of holding it up with my head while I'm accessing the gas tank or other items behind it.

did this exact mod to the seat above the cooler