Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan Cruiser wakeboard rack chatter

yabetcha

I have a pair of Titan cruiser wakeboard racks on my Illusion X tower with the "more vertical" angled fingers. While wakeboarding or cruising, whenever I hit a small bump the wakeboards mounted in the racks hit each other causing a constant chattering/banging noise.

Since the Titan cruisers were recommended on TMC when I bought my boat a couple years ago, does anyone else have this problem? What did you do to prevent this....besides sticking beer coozies on the fingers!

I'm tired of the noise and I'm sure it's going to damage my wakeboards....and if it weren't for the lift-off option, I would have gotten rid of these racks and gone with a different brand that use a larger middle finger. :)

I have the Cruisers as well & have the same kinds of issues. I can get the board clap reduced significantly if I am careful about how I load the boards. Taking care to load boards that are similar in size (width) will help a lot, & keeping surfboards together....that type of thing. But I have yet to find anything that will eliminate it completely.

I have the Cruisers as well & have the same kinds of issues. I can get the board clap reduced significantly if I am careful about how I load the boards. Taking care to load boards that are similar in size (width) will help a lot, & keeping surfboards together....that type of thing. But I have yet to find anything that will eliminate it completely.

Plus1.gif I've gotten into the habit of loading the small boards on top, if that is worth anything!

I've tried different combinations of wakeboards and it's fine when I load a wakeboard with a wakesurf board, but a wakeboard with a wakeboard causes the chattering no matter which ones are together.

Now when friends bring their wakeboards, I always load them with the surfboard because I'm afraid theirs will get damaged....so mine keeps taking a beating!

So I toyed with this idea, I have pulled the bungee cords off of my racks and cut them so they are not so long and a bit tighter. But I was thinking about putting a small rubber spacer about 6 inches long with a hole on each end, the bungee rope would be attached to the rubber spacer and before strapping the boards down you just fit the rubber spacer in between the two boards. Now if the boards are really different in size that may not work. It's hard to explain in words but just imagine a spacer that you put between the boards and the bungee cord holds the the spacer down in place and can't fly out because the bungee cord is a permanent unit that is held in place. I'll have to make it and get pictures, it was on my list this winter to make :)

So the spacer would be permanently attached to the bungee....the only problem with that that I can think of is that you'd have different stretch points for the bungee according to the size of the board. It wouldn't matter too much for wakeboards since most are similar enough in size, but surfboards will really hose that idea up. Maybe if you made the spacer a bit larger so that you could drill holes that the bungee would go through, then the spacer would be adjustable in that it could slide back & forth on the bungee. The spacer would have to be thick enough & the whole thing would have to be tight enough to really clamp it down, but I think that would work.

i think i know what yall are talking about, so this might help. we simply take a shirt and put it inbetween the two boards, or even a life jacket.

Malibuboats4- Yep you know what we're referring too...but I'd put the shirt and life jacket in the same class as sticking can coozies on the fork, which I'm not a big fan.

I think 68Slalom's idea is a good one...curious to see what you come up with. I think I'll start experimenting with spacers as well.

• 6 months later...

Agree on the sound system....but my wife is worried that her board is going to get damaged in the rack. She has a slingshot board....very thin board in comparison to my CWB board. I have a monster wakeboard rack and there is a lot of slop when I put her board in the rack. I was thinking of getting some hose and splitting the hose, then will line the rack so that the space for her board would be tighter? Not sure how it will look but I will post some pictures when I am complete with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hate these racks. We always have boards loaded up and they chatter like crazy. I've had the bolts break on them twice on each side. It costs me about 30 bucks to get it fixed every time. Bad design if you ask me. I'm looking into new racks to replace them.

I searched but couldn't find anyone who has had the same problem. Anyone ever have their board racks snap the bolt holding them on while driving and have the boards fall in the water? It's happened to me twice this season. I hate these racks....