Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan 1 - rubs windshield

cedarisland

My 1st post! This site is great! Bought a 2002 wakesetter a couple of years ago - when windshield is opened it hits Titan 1 tower's front left 'leg'. I have to push outward on the leg to open windshield. I tried unthreading the attaching bolt at the heim joint a bit to try to raise the tower higher, but I dont want to go any further because I'm running out of threads. I have been just dealing with it, but I am hoping someone has a solution. Any suggestions? Should I remove the tower and bend it?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

My 1st post! This site is great! Bought a 2002 wakesetter a couple of years ago - when windshield is opened it hits Titan 1 tower's front left 'leg'. I have to push outward on the leg to open windshield. I tried unthreading the attaching bolt at the heim joint a bit to try to raise the tower higher, but I dont want to go any further because I'm running out of threads. I have been just dealing with it, but I am hoping someone has a solution. Any suggestions? Should I remove the tower and bend it?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Welcome Cedarisland.

I have alittle piece of rubber on the windshield so it's rubber against my tower. Is there a hole on top of your ws were you could add this rubber bumper? Got pics at work ... will post them if no one else does.

I have 2003 21' Sunscape LSV, Titan II tower.

Edited by MalibuNation

I installed the Titan II on my SLXi to allow the open windsheild to fit behind the tower leg. I had to remove the pin holding the windsheild, lift up the window and re-install it behind the tower leg, put the pin back in. We either left it closed, took it off totally in the hot times of the year, or placed it behind the tower leg.

P1010019.jpg

I have a 2001 sunscape lsv with a Titan III. When I installed the tower, there was some interference with the bottom corner of the center windshield against the tower when opened. I was able to trim a curved profile on the edge of the windshield that overlaps the drivers side and it now clears the tower so the bumper rests in the original location just in front of the passenger windshield. Since the overlapping edge was screwed to the center windshield frame, I was able to easily remove it for modification. If you didn't know any better you'd think it was like that from the factory.

Rockon.gif Excellent suggestion. That will solve it.

Thank you.

I have a 2001 sunscape lsv with a Titan III. When I installed the tower, there was some interference with the bottom corner of the center windshield against the tower when opened. I was able to trim a curved profile on the edge of the windshield that overlaps the drivers side and it now clears the tower so the bumper rests in the original location just in front of the passenger windshield. Since the overlapping edge was screwed to the center windshield frame, I was able to easily remove it for modification. If you didn't know any better you'd think it was like that from the factory.