Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Babe's Products

Don't want to know if they work... been down that road and I know there are plenty of posts on here about that.

So, my gf decided to buy me a whole set of Babe's cleaning products for Christmas Clap.gif problem is, she ordered them directly from the Babe's website. Had I known she was going to order some, I would have told her where to get it from. I usually get it from Marine Max or another boat dealer in town.

The problem/question is... she ordered this stuff three weeks before Christmas to make sure it would be here in time. They have already charged her (over 100 bucks!) but they have not emailed tracking info, nothing on their site about it, and we have even called only to get an answering machine and left a message.

Have any of you guys ordered it directly from them before and how long did it take? We haven't heard a peep and I am beginning to get really pi$$ed with them not answering emails or returning our phone calls. I really feel like this is pretty low down to not let us know something... Mad.gif

Any suggestions?? Dontknow.gif

Cancel the order and get the credit back on you card, do you know for sure that all charges have gone through? You mentioned that they already charged her over $100, was that only a portion what she bought you?

Send some emails saying that your going to cancel the order and make sure you keep them in case your bank or credit card company need to see it, I have done that lots of times when orders haven't even been shipped out yet, just call and get your money back :) your still going to buy the product and keep in mind maybe they are really short handed during this time of the year and with the economy in the condition that it's in who knows how many people they have on hand right now.

Good Luck

Edited by 68Slalom
Cancel the order and get the credit back on you card, do you know for sure that all charges have gone through? You mentioned that they already charged her over $100, was that only a portion what she bought you?

Send some emails saying that your going to cancel the order and make sure you keep them in case your bank or credit card company need to see it, I have done that lots of times when orders haven't even been shipped out yet, just call and get your money back :) your still going to buy the product and keep in mind maybe they are really short handed during this time of the year and with the economy in the condition that it's in who knows how many people they have on hand right now.

Good Luck

Sounds like a good plan. I have considered the fact that they may very well be short handed and since it was around the holidays I didn't want to call them up and get irate with someone because her order hadn't shipped. I think the total was around $110 and it was charged to her debit card two days after she placed the order. Just weird to me that we haven't heard a word, but I guess that is my background speaking since I am big on customer service.

Good Luck

Sounds like a good plan. I have considered the fact that they may very well be short handed and since it was around the holidays I didn't want to call them up and get irate with someone because her order hadn't shipped. I think the total was around $110 and it was charged to her debit card two days after she placed the order. Just weird to me that we haven't heard a word, but I guess that is my background speaking since I am big on customer service.

Yeah, and typically there are not supposed to charge your card until the order ships Whistling.gif so you have a right to be upset, they were good enough to charge you but you also want your product!

I ordered a bucket of Babes before Xmas and it arrived this week. THey also charged my credit card right away and I did not recieve a tracking number for shipping either. And the best part is the customs brokerage fee that I got nailed with by UPS!!!!

Yeah, buying liquid products is much different than anything else now a days. I just go to the local marine store and buy it by the gallon.

I ordered a bucket of Babes before Xmas and it arrived this week. THey also charged my credit card right away and I did not recieve a tracking number for shipping either. And the best part is the customs brokerage fee that I got nailed with by UPS!!!!

I may hold off one more week before slamming them around with emails saying I want to cancel my order and get a refund. They may just now be catching up to all the orders placed around the holidays and getting them shipped out. Maybe mine will come soon.

I know I ordered a wireless printer from Dell on New Years Eve and it was delivered Monday to the house and like 68Slalom said above, they didn't charge me until it actually shipped and I had confirmation emails with tracking numbers.

Here is what I recieved from Babes for the order.

Please keep a printed copy of this order for your records.

The bill will appear on your credit card as: Babes Boat Care Products

Order ID : BABES-00007548

Order Date: 12 DEC 2008 12:09:04

Bill To Ship To

------- -------

Name : Trent Johannesson Name : Trent Johannesson

Address : ######## Address : ######

City : ##### City : ####

State : ALBERTA State : Alberta

Zip : ######## Zip : ###

Email : [email protected] Phone : 403-#####

Shipping Method: Shipping{-2} (Residential)

Coupons

-------

holiday08 - 20.00% off order

Item Quantity Description Amount

---- -------- ----------- ------

BB7501 1 Bucket of BABE'S Kit 89.95

Subtotal before discounts 89.95

Discounts 17.99

Subtotal 71.96

Tax Rate 0.00%

Tax 0.00

Shipping/Handling 25.23

Total $97.19

Return Policy

-------------

If you are dissatified with BABE'S Boat Care Products, for any

reason, please call or email our customer service department.

Babes Boat Care Products Customer Service

Phone: 408-354-0518

Email: [email protected]

I may hold off one more week before slamming them around with emails saying I want to cancel my order and get a refund. They may just now be catching up to all the orders placed around the holidays and getting them shipped out. Maybe mine will come soon.

I know I ordered a wireless printer from Dell on New Years Eve and it was delivered Monday to the house and like 68Slalom said above, they didn't charge me until it actually shipped and I had confirmation emails with tracking numbers.

I would at least send an email asking if the product has shipped that way there is written proof up to this day that you haven't received it and your still waiting for an answer. What if it has already shipped and it's sitting in someone elses garage Whistling.gif

Write them an email or call requesting the status of your order. I recently ordered a product from my mt bike manufacture and the part as left out of the order, no big deal I called and they said we'll get that out to ya. A week goes by and nothing still, so I called back and they found that UPS had lost the order and immediately sent out another arriving the next day.

If they've not shipped the order then they should at least offer a discount for failing to get the order shipped in a reasonable amount of time. If not then just cancel the order and go to your local dealer, it's not like Babe's isn't still making money off the dealer. I just can't image they all that busy this time of year. Just be diplomatic and good things usually happen.

I normally order from Babe's directly and have never had a problem w/ shipping taking a long time. I only order from them for the discounts that they often send to me via e-mail that I always post on this site for everyone to take advantage of.

I normally order from Babe's directly and have never had a problem w/ shipping taking a long time. I only order from them for the discounts that they often send to me via e-mail that I always post on this site for everyone to take advantage of.

That's what I used. Thanks for the post Scott. Good thing that code you gave us saved me 20% because the duty customs charged me was almost 30%!!!!! Mad.gif

Yeah, buying liquid products is much different than anything else now a days. I just go to the local marine store and buy it by the gallon.

I saw a gallon of Babe's seat soap last year at Joe's tent sale for less than $20 and snapped that puppy up!

Yahoo.gif My stuff came today!!! Went home for lunch and it was sitting on the front porch waiting to be added to my collection of cleaning supplies!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions Cheers.gif , I have been patient this entire time and decided to wait just one more week before calling them up again and getting a status of my order. Now I can't wait for it to get warm here so I can pull it out of storage and clean her up!