Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet repair

Peacock

So, I am in Eastern Washington, enjoying a week of boating with my son. We have been staying at my Mother's house and parking the boat on the street. After boating yesterday, I left the cover off for a few hours to help dry out the boat. I went out and put it on at about 11:00 last night. I got up today, and removed the cover and saw the unthinkable. Someone had flicked a lit cigarette butt into my boat! There is a nice little burn, about the size of a dime right on the carpet.

Now I am trying to figure out how to fix it. My inital thought is to cut a small square of carpet (about 1"X1") from an area of the carpet that isn't really seen or used, and cut out the burn, and try to glue in the patch.

Does anyone have any idea's? I am so bummed. I don't want to pay to recarpet the whole boat, but I will if I have to. Hopefully someone can give me a good remedy to my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Shocking.gifVomit.gif

good idea cut a patch from somewhere unseen but get a carpet repair man to fix it you won't notice it then, if you try it yourself it won't be the same

Most likely spot for your carpet donor would be at the top of the carpet on the sides of your storage area behind the observer's seat. Mine is already pre-peeled ablout the size you would need.

Don't you think all smokers should be shot, just on principal??

Man that sucks! Your idea of cutting a square should work, but I would definitley let my dealer or a carpet guy do it. That way you can blame them if it goes wrong :)

I'm seriously considering a carpet kit in mine as well.

Did it melt the carpet down to the backing?

If not, could your shave it down and just have a thin spot rather than a burn spot?

Just a thought...

Did it melt the carpet down to the backing?

If not, could your shave it down and just have a thin spot rather than a burn spot?

Just a thought...

Good Idea...My Dad did this to the carpet in our home when I was about 10 and decided to light off a pack of firecrackers in the house in my Sister's bedroom (with my Sister and her buddies locked inside the room while me and my buddy held the door shut). You couldn't even see the burn marks once he trimmed the carpet up.

The discoloration on my butt lasted a little longer, though....

Someone suggested trimming or shaving fibers from a hidden spot, trimming the spot down, drop a small drip of glue and rub on the spot, then sprinkle the carpet fibers, let dry and looks like it should.