Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

newB

badluck

I have the front ballast in the boat and I thought it was only around 250 upfront, as wakegirl said the VLX loves weight up front, If I was you I would bag the idea of adding the front tank and get the fat sac that will fit in the front storage area and wire it in on a switch. (Fly High Pro X Series Integrated Bow Sac). The bag can hold up to 800lbs, I have anywhere from 200-400lbs extra up front over the stock ballast everytime I go out. So since you would have to hack the crap out of the boat and some how get your hands on the front tank, gauge, etc. Which with the exception of a few here is next to impossible to get, I would get the pro sack plumb it into the boat on a seperate switch and have more control then most, on how much weight is up front and it will probably cost a lot less. Oh and welcome to the crew Thumbup.gif

Holy cow!

I put 4 pop bags in the nose of my boat (with no built in bow ballast) and I have a hard time from chili dipping it when turning around.

That's part of your problem, you don't even know how much weight your running.... Tease.gif

Sure he does, fill 'er up!!

Yea well, I will admit if there is not water flowing out of the drain and the vent it's not full. I have about 400lbs in pop sacs, I had 3 bags wedged under the tank at the nose and the rest about mid ship, not to mention some extra items here and there, plus people. The only time I had a problem dipping the front was when I had a full boat, including 2 adults up front, but the wake was awesome! Crazy.gif

She turned like a pig too.... Whistling.gif Next time I'll just bring all my sacks and we'll just load the hell out of it.... :)