Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil Pressure Gauge

'99 325 Monsoon My oil pressure gauge fluctuates up and down while the engine is running. Had it to the dealer. New circuit board that controls all dash gauges. Ran a mechanical gauge to make sure the pressure was not actually fluctuating. Ran new temporary wiring to gauge. New sending unit. Checked all electrical grounds. No luck! Any ideas?

Thanks, tigwelder

My exact same problems were associated to the cannon (engine to helm) plug, but if you ran a temporary by-pass wire from the sender to the gauge you took the cannon plug out of the equation. My circuitry may be different, but on my '03 positive 2.5 volts goes to the gauge first and the circuit is completed (grounded) thru the sender. Teflon tape or threading compound on the senders' threads can effect your grounding of the circuit. The 2.5 volts originates from the MDCC unit by the gauges. Good luck.

Edited by electricjohn

you can also try adding the 8 Gauge wire from the Bus bar to the Negative side of the battery. That was a "fix" for many of the electrical issues for the '99 and '00 responses.

My exact same problems were associated to the cannon (engine to helm) plug, but if you ran a temporary by-pass wire from the sender to the gauge you took the cannon plug out of the equation. My circuitry may be different, but on my '03 positive 2.5 volts goes to the gauge first and the circuit is completed (grounded) thru the sender. Teflon tape or threading compound on the senders' threads can effect your grounding of the circuit. The 2.5 volts originates from the MDCC unit by the gauges. Good luck.

Thank you

you can also try adding the 8 Gauge wire from the Bus bar to the Negative side of the battery. That was a "fix" for many of the electrical issues for the '99 and '00 responses.

Thank You

Mine does the same thing on my 99 Response, most of the gages are up and down. Let me know what you find out. I don't think I am as mechanical as you. I may need to call you and have you walk me through. It seems like some kind of loose ground to me, but I don't know where to look.

Bob

Mine does the same thing on my 99 Response, most of the gages are up and down. Let me know what you find out. I don't think I am as mechanical as you. I may need to call you and have you walk me through. It seems like some kind of loose ground to me, but I don't know where to look.

Bob

I will let you know what I find out.

Frank