Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Garage

txdyna65

post-2931-1231082269_thumb.jpgI agree. Man can never have to much garage.

I put a toy box up when we built our place. Whistling.gif

And for some garage envy:

post-2921-1231096201_thumb.jpg

So one question, how do you get the BMW out? :)

Here is a couple pictures and more questions to follow. These were taken before the guys were finished, my other pictures were too blurry for some reason. In the first pic, the 12' X 12' door hasn't been put on yet and the carport sides haven't been added yet. In the second pic, that door is in the back left hand corner. Now to insulate, I have my own ideas how to go about this, but have gotten alot of conflicting information on insulating an all metal building. Anyone done this and how did you do it? Dimensions are 18 wide, 30' Length, 12' sides. I'll be running wiring before I insulate. I put the BU in there today and glad I let yall talk me into that 12 X 12 door Thumbup.gif

NewGarage005.jpg

NewGarage006.jpg

Looks good so far Thumbup.gif

Am I missing something? Looks like he raises the garage door and then puts the BMW in reverse. :)

Got it :unsure: didn't see the doors behind the cars, my bad. Too early in the morning :)

• 1 month later...

Here are some updates on my progress.

The bottom half inside is spray foam insulated, framed with wood and plywood. I wanted to get all this done, so I put off insulating the top half. We wont get anymore freezing weather so I can always do it before next winter. The left upper side is pegboard, the right side has the shelves and a cooler rack that I built in the back corner. My wakeboard rack is in the front right, not in the first pic. I put 6 electrical outlets in and 3 large overhead lights. Also put in two 30" industrial fans, kinda overkill cause they circulate more than enough air on low. They oscilate and are adjustable in all directions, probably one of the best things I put in there. Floor drains under the boat that you cant see. I may end up covering the floor, with a garage mat, but for now it works.

garage3-10.jpg

I made this with 3/4" pvc and covered it with those outdoor pipe foam covers and mounted it to the wall. Holds all our boards, is very sturdy and doesnt scratch the boards.

boardrack.jpg

Very glad I went with the 12X12 door, backing in is a breeze. I can put the BU in all the way and have plenty of room to walk around even without folding the tongue on the trailer. I usually do though, just for the extra room.

Edited by txdyna65
Good job. Still room for a new Harley!

Lol nah I built this just for the BU, I keep my Harley in my shop. If I had known I was gonna buld another garage, I woulda just built 1 monsterous one to begin with.

That is looking great. Love you board holders.

Thanks, I got the idea for the board rack from somewhere on this site. Ive got all the materials to build another for the surfboard, when I get one that is. Surfing.gif

The bottom half inside is spray foam insulated, framed with wood and plywood. I wanted to get all this done, so I put off insulating the top half. We wont get anymore freezing weather so I can always do it before next winter. The left upper side is pegboard, the right side has the shelves and a cooler rack that I built in the back corner. My wakeboard rack is in the front right, not in the first pic. I put 6 electrical outlets in and 3 large overhead lights. Also put in two 30" industrial fans, kinda overkill cause they circulate more than enough air on low. They oscilate and are adjustable in all directions, probably one of the best things I put in there. Floor drains under the boat that you cant see. I may end up covering the floor, with a garage mat, but for now it works.

garage3-10.jpg

I made this with 3/4" pvc and covered it with those outdoor pipe foam covers and mounted it to the wall. Holds all our boards, is very sturdy and doesnt scratch the boards.

boardrack.jpg

Very glad I went with the 12X12 door, backing in is a breeze. I can put the BU in all the way and have plenty of room to walk around even without folding the tongue on the trailer. I usually do though, just for the extra room.

Looking real good man, wish we had room here at the house for something like that. We keep the boat in storage in town, gated and has security so its nice, but i would rather have it at home.

Edited by txwakejunkie

garage3-10.jpg

boardrack.jpg

Nice garage! Now that is a first....Shelving units in the corner just for the coolers!!!!! Clap.gif

good call on the 12' tall door over the 10' model. the malibu's with the illusion towers may fit under a 10' door. but i know a guy with a MC x-2 that has to remove his tow spool to get it under his 10' door. imagine a X-15 or X-star wouldbe even taller. anyone know how high the tallest point would be if u had the titan tower on your malibu?

good call on the 12' tall door over the 10' model. the malibu's with the illusion towers may fit under a 10' door. but i know a guy with a MC x-2 that has to remove his tow spool to get it under his 10' door. imagine a X-15 or X-star wouldbe even taller. anyone know how high the tallest point would be if u had the titan tower on your malibu?

This is going to depend a lot on the trailer, but for a frame of reference, I had a '05 vRide with a Titan on a Dorsey trailer. The top of the tow ball was 9' 9".