Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu building Axis, MC starts express building 30’ cruisers

CTSunsetter

I don't know whether its ball-sie or stupid in this market. Dontknow.gif

Mastercraft is going upmarket and Malibu is going downmarket (with Axis). Hmm. Who do you think will have more success? Any way you slice it, it's going to be tough for a bit.

Edited by TheBlackPearl

well Sunscape fan, I have to say that the twin tip is such a thing that you need to own one to fall in love with it. It is amazingly practical and really grows on you. My previous boat was a 2005 X-Star and man the twin tip was great. You get much more room by widening the bow tip. Of course matter of taste, but my wife thought also that she will never like it, but once we we had bought the boat she was telling me all the time how great looking it was and how she never anymore wants a traditional bow.

That has to be one of the uglies boats I have ever seen. But then I hate the twin tip design that they seem to love. Glad Malilbu hasn't started doing that.

Plus1.gif

I'm sure it is very practical, but to me, the pickel fork design is ugly. It is becoming more common on bowriders now as well.

The gunwale depth on the pickle fork design just isn't as deep, the design just doesn't appeal to me either. We rarely have anyone riding in the boat let alone someone in the bow....

With a family of five (still working on adpoting more) having the extra space for 4 or more kids in the bow is a welcome feature. Thumbup.gifClap.gif However if the pickel bow doesent work for you stick with what you like Rockon.gif I usually dont go to the lake with less than 5 sometimes we hit the 10+ mark and have to have at least one kid on a rope at all times Whistling.gif

That has to be one of the uglies boats I have ever seen. But then I hate the twin tip design that they seem to love. Glad Malilbu hasn't started doing that.

Plus1.gif

I'm sure it is very practical, but to me, the pickel fork design is ugly. It is becoming more common on bowriders now as well.

Plus1.gif Pickel Fork bows are nasty looking!!

Unless its a whole lot cheaper, I don't see how they are going to compete with Sea Ray. The 310 Sundancer is awsome--and you can get it with twin-screw inboards (or with sterndrives if you like).

http://www.searay.com/2009_sea_ray_sport_c...0_sundancer.asp

I had a 310, 330, and 340 Dancer for demos at different times at my last job. The 340 was the only one w/o stern drives..awesome boats, and luxurious too!

The gunwale depth on the pickle fork design just isn't as deep, the design just doesn't appeal to me either. We rarely have anyone riding in the boat let alone someone in the bow....

With a family of five (still working on adpoting more) having the extra space for 4 or more kids in the bow is a welcome feature. Thumbup.gifClap.gif However if the pickel bow doesent work for you stick with what you like Rockon.gif I usually dont go to the lake with less than 5 sometimes we hit the 10+ mark and have to have at least one kid on a rope at all times Whistling.gif

You should check your laws if you don't know for sure, but up here the person(s) being towed count in your load calculations.

Plus1.gif

Plus1.gif Pickel Fork bows are nasty looking!!

Plus1.gif UGLY!

You should check your laws if you don't know for sure, but up here the person(s) being towed count in your load calculations.

Eh, don't listen to him, we have had 15 in a VLX before and 12 in our old SSLXi. Biggrin.gif

Just Tease2.gif you BP

Eh, don't listen to him, we have had 15 in a VLX before and 12 in our old SSLXi. Biggrin.gif

Just Tease2.gif you BP

I did check the number on the plackard is just a guidline with 150# as the weight per passenger that the manufactures use. if the vast majority on the boat you are still leagle as long as the weight doesent go over the max allowed. Yahoo.gif And I am sure that we all know that water ballest don't count Whistling.gif

MC has been making TONS of sales overseas, people in Dubai and other rich arab countries have been thirsting for something a bit bigger and more luxurious than what they had to offer. I am sure MC will not lose any money on this model.

I just got this month issue of Wakeboard Mag and I think Mastercraft had this boat in it...havent finished looking at it

SR

I believe it is in the Motor Boating mag Buyers Edition this month. To me the MC 300 is a "limbo boat". Caught in that no man's land between a runabout/ski/wakeboard boat and a bonafide cruiser. It seems too big for watersports and too small and open for cruising. For the 250 G's it seems a bit pricey for what it is. For that kind of cash I'd rather buy a motor yacht.