Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gas economy

aciardelli

I was wondering if anyone knows the gas consumption for a newer 23 LSV. I know it depends on weight and ballast but if anyone has either stock weight with no ballast and no wedge or full ballast with no wedge?

I have a 2007 23LSV with the 383 Hammerhead. During the summer I roughly figured that it cost me approximately $26 per running hour. But that was when gas was $1.50/litre. I was doing everything from skiing to pulling a tube as well as just cruising.

Depends on what you're doing.

We've got an 08 23 LSV.

Surfing, we use 2-3X more fuel. a 2 hour run will use close to 1/2 a tank

Wakeboarding on the otherhand, about 1/4 - 1/3 for a 2-3 hour run (no wedge or ballast).

Thanks a lot for the info its helping out, and for the record 06 VLX, I already own one, I'm just trying to figure it out cause I'm trying to put together a small wakeboarding lessons thing behind my boat. I just wanted to know if it was similar to the gas economy for other people's boats mine seems to be in line with the 5-6 gallons an hour estimate.

Edited by aciardelli

my '06 23 with Hammerhead is about 8-10 hours per tank with combo skiing, wakeboarding and "running"...usually have to fill up once on a 3 day weekend at the lake...key is less WOT as that burns the fuel quick....

We've gone thru a tank of gas in one day, just wakeboarding/wakeskating from sun up until sundown no cuising or addtional weight beyond stock. Given that is somewhere about 8-9 hours of board time 5-6 gallons would be close.