Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Wakesetter with a Diamond Hull

idahows

Slider this is all your fault...not that it took much to push me in the direction of a new boat!

I went by Bridge City Water Sports to see if they had iSpec or any images for the new gel coat patterns (they didn't). Had just received a price sheet/option list for all the models. I looked over the list and there was mid-ship ballast but no rear ballast for the Sunscape LSV. The salesman said that a new option for '06 was to order the Wakesetter VLX with a diamond hull. Has anyone else heard of this?

Has anyone else heard of this option?

The only salesman there (90 degrees and sunny in the northwest, gee I wonder why) was headed to water test a boat in preparation for delivery tomorrow but said he'd provide quotes for both the SLSV 21 and the WSVLX by Monday.

Thanks,

David

Slider this is all your fault...not that it took much to push me in the direction of a new boat!

I went by Bridge City Water Sports to see if they had iSpec or any images for the new gel coat patterns (they didn't).  Had just received a price sheet/option list for all the models.  I looked over the list and there was mid-ship ballast but no rear ballast for the Sunscape LSV.  The salesman said that a new option for '06 was to order the Wakesetter VLX with a diamond hull.  Has anyone else heard of this? 

Has anyone else heard of this option?

The only salesman there (90 degrees and sunny in the northwest, gee I wonder why) was headed to water test a boat in preparation for delivery tomorrow but said he'd provide quotes for both the SLSV 21 and the WSVLX by Monday.

Thanks,

David

I heard that line from a salesman in austin about a '04 VLX a couple years ago. Seemed a little odd to me. I wouldn't trust that until you hear it directly from Amy Mauzy or someone else at Malibu.

That is accurate information. I have seen the factory guide released to the dealers. I don't see the point however. I still think its going to be a lousy ski wake. Go fully to the darkside, by a WVLX and ride sideways!! Shocking.gif

Edited by painterdrew
That is accurate information.  I have seen the factory guide released to the dealers.  I don't see the point however.  I still think its going to be a lousy ski wake.  Go fully to the darkside, by a WVLX and ride sideways!! Shocking.gif

Hi Drew,

Thanks for validating this. So help me understand:

slsv = diamond hull but no rear ballast

wvlx with diamond hull = diamond hull w/ballast

The decks are exactly the same, right?

Seems like several people have seen the dealer information...any tips on how I can see the information. I was just trying to see the new gelcoat patterns and the dealer wasn't able/willing to share that.

Sorry, I need a decent ski wake as well as boarding/surfing, v-drive for the functionality/space. Seems to me the diamond hull will meet that need perfectly, add ballast under the floor and and I think I have the perfect boat for my needs...take a look at FijiRob's wake ('05 slsv...15off@32), looks very skiable to me. (darn I can't seem to add the picture...anyone know how to link to another message? See FijiRob's picture in the thread titled "It has potential"

David

Edited by idahows
That is accurate information.  I have seen the factory guide released to the dealers.  I don't see the point however.  I still think its going to be a lousy ski wake.  Go fully to the darkside, by a WVLX and ride sideways!! Shocking.gif

Hi Drew,

Seems like several people have seen the dealer information...any tips on how I can see the information. I was just trying to see the new gelcoat patterns and the dealer wasn't able/willing to share that.

Sorry, I need a decent ski wake as well as boarding/surfing, v-drive for the functionality/space. Seems to me the diamond hull will meet that need perfectly, add ballast under the floor and and I think I have the perfect boat for my needs...take a look at FijiRob's wake ('05 slsv...15off@32), looks very skiable to me. (darn I can't seem to add the picture...anyone know how to link to another message? See FijiRob's picture in the thread titled "It has potential"

David

I've heard this as well & here's the reasoning (someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I could swear that this is how it works). With the Sunscape, you can get rear ballast but it will be in the form of the hard tanks above the floor. The advantage to the Wakesetter on the Diamond Hull is that you can get the tanks built in to the floor like the current VLX's have.

Let me ask you this, what boat are you used to slaloming behind?

PM me your email address & I'll send you the gel patterns for '06.

Wakegirl is correct.

My wake comments are based on review I have seen about the sunsetter lxi. same hull direct drive and the skiers dont seem to like it. I dont ski anymore so I may be a bad source. However I do still snow ski so I haven't gone completely to the dark side Biggrin.gif

Edited by painterdrew

Hi Drew,

David

I've heard this as well & here's the reasoning (someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I could swear that this is how it works). With the Sunscape, you can get rear ballast but it will be in the form of the hard tanks above the floor. The advantage to the Wakesetter on the Diamond Hull is that you can get the tanks built in to the floor like the current VLX's have.

Let me ask you this, what boat are you used to slaloming behind?

PM me your email address & I'll send you the gel patterns for '06.

Hi Tracie,

Our old boat was a sterndrive, certainly not anything like a tournament boat...but better than a Wakesetter VLX for slalom.

I'll PM you with my email...thanks.

David

Looks like a new '06 may be in the works for you!  Keep us up to date as to how this progresses.

Well, we'll see! I'm checking things out and evaluating the financial situation...I'm not sure I want to spend this much money on a boat. If we can put it together for around $50k then we have a chance, but I'd rather have a boat with the options I want (and a couple years old) than a brand new stripped down model.

Hasn't your daughter talked you into a new one yet...you could consider yours sold ;)

David

Hasn't your daughter talked you into a new one yet...you could consider yours sold ;)

David

She would love that :lol: That would be hard to justify though. I just finished writing tuition checks to two different colleges. Cry.gif

Have you skiied behind a diamond hull v-drive yet? You should come down sometime and try it out.