Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast Bags to 23 LSV

muhsfink07

Hey guys I'm getting into surfing this year and I want to ad at least one fat sac to the boat to really shape the wake. I ride behind a Sunscape 23 LSV with the power wedge and center ballast tank. I want to add that ballast bag to either one of the storage compartments next to the engine. however I don't know what to do about the warning label. it says to not exceed 75lbs. or some garbage like that in either of the storage lockers. Is this really warranted? I've heard some people say that this is so it doesnt crush the fuel tank below it. is it safe to put the bags there?

Thanks

muhsfink07

• 1 month later...

I have a 07 LSV and 1 750 in the trunk is not enough for a nice wave. I have the internal 4 tanks Only fill the surf side plus 750 in the locker 600 on the seat along the side plus 350 in the bow again along the surf side. With the power wedge all the way down its very nice. For a tall wave 10.6 MPH for a long wave 12 MPH with this setup you can be a beginner or get air like a pro just use a lot of weight on the surf side. We use bags because its eraser to move to the goofy side than pop bags