Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Busy waterways

obski

We've finally been hitting some hot weather and it has definitely brought out the boats. Usually when we go out in the evening we might see a few other boats and be able to easily share the water. Lately, like last evening, it has been crazy. There were so many boats that we were dodging them left and right. The ramp area was really congested. We really had difficulty finding any good water. There were huge rollers everywhere we went.

The other thing I noticed is that there were a lot of tournament boats. Lots of Malibus, MCs, Tiges etc. Boarders, surfers, tubers, cruisers ....they were all out there last night.

I'm spoiled by the uncrowded river we usually run on starting in March. This warm weather has brought out everybody. I'm enjoying the heat too, but part of me is looking forward to cooler weather and fewer boats out. We going out tomorrow morning at sunrise (6am) in an attempt to get some clearer waterways.

Anyone else experiencing this weekday crowding?

Folsom was nutty last Sunday - couldn't hardly stand up in the boat, when stopped... due to all the boat wakes sloshing us around.

JKlien and I hit the lake Tues 9am.. and there was one other trailer in the parking lot... but Wed night, 4pm, had the boats out again. It was pretty busy - but not like a weekend

We've finally been hitting some hot weather and it has definitely brought out the boats.  Usually when we go out in the evening we might see a few other boats and be able to easily share the water.  Lately, like last evening, it has been crazy.  There were so many boats that we were dodging them left and right.  The ramp area was really congested.  We really had difficulty finding any good water.  There were huge rollers everywhere we went.

The other thing I noticed is that there were a lot of tournament boats.  Lots of Malibus, MCs, Tiges etc.  Boarders, surfers, tubers, cruisers ....they were all out there last night.

I'm spoiled by the uncrowded river we usually run on starting in March.  This warm weather has brought out everybody.  I'm enjoying the heat too, but part of me is looking forward to cooler weather and fewer boats out.  We going out tomorrow morning at sunrise (6am) in an attempt to get some clearer waterways.

You should come to our little wally world ocean near us...Every weeknight has been croweded. The only way to find great water is to do it illegally after hours or in the 5 mph zones. No we didn't break the rules but plenty of others were. In fact I counted about 15 bu's that we're skiing near us.

We've finally been hitting some hot weather and it has definitely brought out the boats.  Usually when we go out in the evening we might see a few other boats and be able to easily share the water.  Lately, like last evening, it has been crazy.  There were so many boats that we were dodging them left and right.  The ramp area was really congested.  We really had difficulty finding any good water.  There were huge rollers everywhere we went.

The other thing I noticed is that there were a lot of tournament boats.  Lots of Malibus, MCs, Tiges etc.  Boarders, surfers, tubers, cruisers ....they were all out there last night.

I'm spoiled by the uncrowded river we usually run on starting in March.  This warm weather has brought out everybody.  I'm enjoying the heat too, but part of me is looking forward to cooler weather and fewer boats out.  We going out tomorrow morning at sunrise (6am) in an attempt to get some clearer waterways.

Let's hope for a good Indian Summer, after the spring & early summer that we had we deserve it!

I have also noticed the increase of people on the water. More people plus less water in the rivers can really make for some sticky situations. I can't wait until I quit working in early september. I will have about 3 solid weeks of nothing to do except go boating before school starts. And usually here in the NW people stop going to lakes and the river after labor day.

That's the great thing about having a drysuit. In a couple more months I'll have it all to myself. The only problem is that the shorter days make the weekends the only time to go.

Anybody else noticed the days getting shorter? :(

That's the great thing about having a drysuit.  In a couple more months I'll have it all to myself.  The only problem is that the shorter days make the weekends the only time to go.

Anybody else noticed the days getting shorter?  :(

I'm looking forward to being back in the neo shirt, then the wetsuit and then finally back to the drysuit.

My favorite time of the year is the late evenings in June. You can stay out until 9:30 or almost 10 (whenever sunset is) and have most everybody else cleared out. Usually I can get out for the last hour or so of daylight and have a nice uncrowded run, but last night it was crazy packed out until sunset - and beyond. As I was putting the boat away in the slip after sunset, I noticed a lot of boats still out pulling boarders, tubers, etc.

you gotta love debt - it allows even more people to get boats and use them. now..., if they only knew HOW to use them.

yes, the days are getting shorter. i recall only a month ago when we would pull the boat at twilight at 9.50pm. now, its more like 8.50pm.

I am looking forward to the fall and drysuit weather and less boats, but i sure do love to ski in nothin but shorts.

wilma

That's the great thing about having a drysuit.  In a couple more months I'll have it all to myself.  The only problem is that the shorter days make the weekends the only time to go.

I have and I hate it Cry.gif We have been trying to get out on the water around 7:30 and be done around 8:45. There are only a few boats then and the water gets really nice. What kills me is that EVERY morning at 6:30 the river is a sheet of glass as I drive over the bridge on my way to work.

You took the words out of my keyboard.

thick wetsuit and the days are getting shorter. Malibudude you need to get off earlyer.

Anybody else noticed the days getting shorter?   :(

You took the words out of my keyboard.

thick wetsuit and the days are getting shorter. Malibudude you need to get off earlyer.

I know...90 miles of traveling /day sucks. NWIH I can get there before 6:30 Cry.gif

Boy what a difference 36 hours make. We went out on the river this morning for a couple of hours starting right at sunrise. The water was absolute glass - not even a ripple. We ended up seeing a couple of other boats later, but not the wall to wall mad house of boats we encountered Thursday night. This was much more pleasant to say the least.

We are heading out in about a half an hour and I am hoping for glass! I was ummm....sick.... :blush: yesterday and couldn't go into work. I some how was well enough to get down to the water though Innocent.gif We were the only ones down on the water and it was so smooth it was just perfect

We are heading out in about a half an hour and I am hoping for glass! I was ummm....sick.... :blush: yesterday and couldn't go into work. I some how was well enough to get down to the water though Innocent.gif We were the only ones down on the water and it was so smooth it was just perfect

Hope you have a great time.