Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Would You Guys Do?

bimmerboy08

2 houses ago, neighbor across street bought RV, parked it on street in front of his house (legal). I didn't like looking at it every day for lots of reasons. Of course a conversation is better than the unsigned threat, but you have to be able to see the world through other's eyes. Someone didn't like looking at your boat parked there, understandable, legal or not.

As stated elsewhere, if you can afford a nice boat, you can afford a proper place to keep it.

Did you speak to the guy with the RV?

I hate looking at boats, campers, whatever on the street and that is why we live in a community with HOA restrictions for such reasons.

Hate to say it, but just because someone has a boat doesn't mean they can afford anything. That has been proven with the credit crisis.

Just tyring to look at it from a different view. We keep our boat at our lake house on a lift all year long. That has been the best thing we've every done!! No worries at boat ramps, or boat parking, etc.

2 houses ago, neighbor across street bought RV, parked it on street in front of his house (legal). I didn't like looking at it every day for lots of reasons. Of course a conversation is better than the unsigned threat, but you have to be able to see the world through other's eyes. Someone didn't like looking at your boat parked there, understandable, legal or not.

As stated elsewhere, if you can afford a nice boat, you can afford a proper place to keep it.

I hate looking at boats, campers, whatever on the street and that is why we live in a community with HOA restrictions for such reasons.

Hate to say it, but just because someone has a boat doesn't mean they can afford anything. That has been proven with the credit crisis.

Just tyring to look at it from a different view. We keep our boat at our lake house on a lift all year long. That has been the best thing we've every done!! No worries at boat ramps, or boat parking, etc.

Plus1.gif But unfortunately for many that's not even an option..

If you can, put it in storage. I wouldn't want to risk it getting messed with/run into.

If you can, put it in storage. I wouldn't want to risk it getting messed with/run into.

Yes, unfortunately there are no lifts on the lake I use (amistad), otherwise I would be have mine on one! Thats how my dad keeps his sunsetter and it is much easier than trailering everytime you want to use the boat.

Okay so here's what I'm going to do-winterize it this weekend, move it to the base storage lot (which is free but 20 mins in the opposite direction of the lake) for the winter, then come next season get some covered storage closer to the lake. I predict that I will make the money I spend on storage back in gas savings.

And finally, for those spectulating on if I can afford the storage, yes I can, but I'm by no means rich! Not everyone who has a malibu has deep pockets, I am a 23 year old Air Force lieutenant, to give you an idea of my occupation, and my response cost me $9500, which I paid in cash.

Thanks to everyone for helping me see straight on this, and understand where the other guy might have been coming from.

Yes, unfortunately there are no lifts on the lake I use (amistad), otherwise I would be have mine on one! Thats how my dad keeps his sunsetter and it is much easier than trailering everytime you want to use the boat.

Okay so here's what I'm going to do-winterize it this weekend, move it to the base storage lot (which is free but 20 mins in the opposite direction of the lake) for the winter, then come next season get some covered storage closer to the lake. I predict that I will make the money I spend on storage back in gas savings.

And finally, for those spectulating on if I can afford the storage, yes I can, but I'm by no means rich! Not everyone who has a malibu has deep pockets, I am a 23 year old Air Force lieutenant, to give you an idea of my occupation, and my response cost me $9500, which I paid in cash.

Thanks to everyone for helping me see straight on this, and understand where the other guy might have been coming from.

Hey Lt - any way you can keep the boat on base?

Hey Lt - any way you can keep the boat on base?

yes, actually the base has a marina which I will be looking into for next season, and a storage lot near the security forces squadron which I will keep it in for the winter. Only problem with on base is it is 20 mins in the opposite direction of the lake from my house, but it will be a great place to store of the winter.

Understanding where the individual is coming from/displeasure on this issue: yes.

The manner in which he/she expressed it: HELL NO!

(there is a note on my trailer saying that the road isn't my private parking spot, threatening lawsuit, and saying that the police have been contacted).

Don't necessarily surrender your own rights/opinions by being bullied/intimidated. This individual is a coward; plain and simple.

If you have decided to no longer park your boat there, it may minimize your concern for its/your safety. However, it may prevent you from fully enjoying your own boat to its full extent. How many of us tinker, modify, or simply get sheer pleasure out of just seeing our boats during the off season?? I know I do.

If the law is not being broken, then no one can force you to submit to their own point-of-view; especially when attempting to do so in such a manner.

This is your decision, and you get to make it. But by God: stand up for your rights.

Best wishes to you.

Ask Dave where he parks his 205. It's indoor & doesn't get vandalized...... although I guess he's had a problem with roaches.

Scrappin with the neighbors is going to get your boat messed up or you in trouble.

DITTO! Plus1.gif

I can vouch for the scrappin with the neighbors getting you in trouble!

AF1

Whistling.gif

• 2 years later...

Don't take a chance on having your boat vandalized based on principle or to make a statement. There are some real nut jobs out there who think they entitled to enforce imaginary rules, they may believe it is in violation of a ordinance. I would bet the person who left the note lives across the street from where you parked it and doesn't want to look at it out his front window. Can you park it alongside your garage?

Obviously you can't leave your boat there. Even though you may legally be allowed to, you don't want it f'ed up.

But don't take this lying down. Buy yourself a $100-200 POS. I mean a real piece of crap - the bigger the eye sore, the better. Something you will be embarassed to purchase. Park it there, and move it every couple of days a foot or two, just so they can't chalk mark your tires for a non-moving vehicle. Mature solution? Nope - an neither was stealing your wheel chalks or leaving the nasty gram. Screw that Karma will give them what's coming BS - do it yourself.

:plus1:

I have great neighbors, but if i parked my boat on the street all the time i know they'd be tired of looking at it all day, every day. I had a neighbor in Dallas that had a 1 ton dually truck with every piece of ginger bread auto zone accessory you could find bolted on it. Aweful. He always parked it between our lots, so it was half in front of his house, half in front of ours. I often wondered how i would destroy it in a blaze of glory. :-)

Get an indoor storage spot and it will be the best investment you make. i leave all my crap spread out to dry inside my storage area and the boat still looks new. Love it!

-- Mike

I just read through 1/2 this thread before I realized it was 3 years old. :lame:

Ding ding ding!

I was watching this thread to see how long before someone noticed :lol:

You win the little ducky life vest I found one time where should I ship it?

Edited by Ruffdog

Ding ding ding!

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading through the beginning, wondering when I was going to get to a recent post and how the link was going to be made to a 3 year old post...that never happened!

Didn't read all this, but I would put money down that it's a senior citizen, living single, within 5 houses of where you are parking the boat.

Most folks in their 70-80's that are single have not much else to do than sit and look around outside and if they see something they dont' like, they'll stew about it until they take to action, aka leaving notes and stealing chocks.

watch for the mean old blue haired lady and go ask her what she thinks about boat parking.

Edit> just realized like above poster this is a very old thread :crazy: face palm.

Edited by augie09
  • 3 weeks later...

Ding ding ding!

I'll take the blame for reviving this thread. Call it "lame", call it a newbie mistake...i can take it. what it really comes down to is, there was nothing of interest to me on the recent threads at the time i posted. Plus if there is a problem with talking about old threads, then why are they still available to read? My only guess is that there are always new crew members joining, therefor, no matter how old the thread is, it will always be new material for someone. Regardless of this old thread/new thread mumbo jumbo, i love this site and love reading about everyone's experiences with their BU, not to mention all of the great advice i get from people around here.

I'll take the blame for reviving this thread. Call it "lame", call it a newbie mistake...i can take it. what it really comes down to is, there was nothing of interest to me on the recent threads at the time i posted. Plus if there is a problem with talking about old threads, then why are they still available to read? My only guess is that there are always new crew members joining, therefor, no matter how old the thread is, it will always be new material for someone. Regardless of this old thread/new thread mumbo jumbo, i love this site and love reading about everyone's experiences with their BU, not to mention all of the great advice i get from people around here.

The reason why people were giving you or anyone else responding to this old thread some sh!t was because people were responding giving the original poster advice like this problem was just going on now, when in fact it's years old. There's nothing wrong with bringing up an old thread, it was just funny that the responses were as if the thread was just posted yesterday. Welcome to the crew!

The reason why people were giving you or anyone else responding to this old thread some sh!t was because people were responding giving the original poster advice like this problem was just going on now, when in fact it's years old. There's nothing wrong with bringing up an old thread, it was just funny that the responses were as if the thread was just posted yesterday. Welcome to the crew!

I see. My bad