Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is it March yet??

spinxt

Whistling.gif Man this is going to be a long off-season.....I'm bored already. I guess it will get a little easier when I can start snow skiing, but this hinterland of no skiing just sucks....... Edited by spinxt
Whistling.gif Man this is going to be a long off-season.....I'm bored already. I guess it will get a little easier when I can start snow skiing, but this hinterland of no skiing just sucks.......

We're suppose to ski/board on Black Friday ... just found out the lake, Austin, is frozen Cry.gif

It's something our local Bu Dealer, The Edge, puts on ... last I knew proceeds went to the Komen Foundation. It cost 5 bucks to get pulled.

I was in SoCal last week, except for the smoke the weather was great. However I am cold and not ready for the rest of the off season, though it may be a good thing. I had an MRI on Tuesday and will be finding out on Monday if I will have surgery or not. This will be the third for the family (5) since June.

spinxt - we will be heading out on sundays. Bring your drysuit it is chilly. People from CA...I am jealous.

We were out three Friday's ago and it wasn't bad (with a dry suit). Water temp was in the upper 40's air was in the 60's....a couple Saturdays before that we took my buddy's new boat for a ride and just had to ski behind it. The water was warmer, but the air was much colder....by our 2nd set we were warming our feet on the exhaust manifold between runs !!!!!!

Whistling.gif Man this is going to be a long off-season.....I'm bored already. I guess it will get a little easier when I can start snow skiing, but this hinterland of no skiing just sucks.......

I feel for ya and this probably wont help any, but we went boarding sunday. Water was 72 and we thought it was cold :unsure: My wife thinks that is too cold and said she thought we should wait until spring to go again. I think I have her talked into going tommorrow though Yahoo.gif

• 2 weeks later...

When I woke up this morning I was dreaming it was March 31st and I was going to pick up my boat ... then the alarm went off.

Been a cold, windy snowy winter so far.

Here in San Antonio yesterday we set a record high of 85 degrees, and then last night a cold front came in and brought some sleet and 30 mph winds and 35 degrees, but the outlook for this weekend is in the upper 70's to low 80's. I LOVE TEXAS!!

I feel for ya and this probably wont help any, but we went boarding sunday. Water was 72 and we thought it was cold :unsure: My wife thinks that is too cold and said she thought we should wait until spring to go again. I think I have her talked into going tommorrow though Yahoo.gif

One main reason I want to move to TX :)

You're such a wussy...... Tongue.gif We road last weekend. Surprised.gif

You're such a wussy...... Tongue.gif We road last weekend. Surprised.gif

And again, you guys are "CRAZY" You can't tell me that going last weekend was more enjoying than exhausting and you did have to tough it out in some way unless you have built in heaters in your wetsuit!!! I for one chose and love the sport because they go hand in hand, HOTT weather and nice cool water, not the flip: Cold water, Cold weather kind of like surfing you see more people doing it during the summer. Now if I did this for a living and made money at it that would be another story. Just thinking about it makes my feet cold Tongue.gif

Plus I bet your not drinking a cold beer when your out there :)

Last weekend in Michigan - that's my Ford F350 4WD.

This is the kind of picture that makes me realize how good we have it here in CA, but it would be fun if you had some snow mobiles :)

I rode the Potomac river in DC last Sat. Air 36 water 40......and SNOWING! With a drysuit and neo hoodie it was nice and toasty. The best part was when the President's copter flew over and we were guarded by a Coast Guard boat with a 50 cal. machine gun mounted on the bow. I'm sure it was the black drysuit and black neoprene hoodie "assassin" look that got their attention.

This is the kind of picture that makes me realize how good we have it here in CA, but it would be fun if you had some snow mobiles :)

68Slalom,

Actually that was only a couple days worth of snow as I had just driven my truck. My parents live in Napa and Bro lives in Susuin and they keep telling me about the drought in CA ... I think the last 2 years you were below in precip too.

It rained here on Tue and with the some of the snow melting water was percolating everywhere out of the ground it's so saturated. More snow and rain on the way.

68Slalom,

Actually that was only a couple days worth of snow as I had just driven my truck. My parents live in Napa and Bro lives in Susuin and they keep telling me about the drought in CA ... I think the last 2 years you were below in precip too.

It rained here on Tue and with the some of the snow melting water was percolating everywhere out of the ground it's so saturated. More snow and rain on the way.

Yes, we could sure use more water but for some of here in CA we ride the Delta. Water is not very clean, but there is plenty of it and on any given day even with high winds you can usually find some really good water so it hasn't really effected our crew so much and water time although we desperately need a good wet winter.

I know Napa and Susuin very well, they were old stomping grounds as a teen growing up, I actually had a good friend that lived in Napa for over 4 years. We used to hit the car cruises every weekend until they shut it down, "man" those were the days :)